What's new

RT-AC88U problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

morty

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,
Smarthub 2 packed in so I thought this would be the ideal time to get a separate modem and router set up to allow the router to be positioned in the middle of the house for better signal distribution. Draytek 130 no problem set up in seconds the asus has been a royal pain in the butt. Continually disconnecting and reconnecting devices whether there's one on the network or 10 and I mean a lot the syslog has pages and pages of it aswell as the daily Wan disconnection which lasts 2-4 secs. I've looked on various sites and tried a few solutions but to no avail. The firmware is the latest available. Be greatful for any input regarding settings as it may well have been a great price but its looking more and more like a lemon. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response. Did the hard reset this morning and still there's page after page of wlceventd. On the plus side it hasn't dropped the WAN yet. I'll give a few days and see how it goes.

Well touch wood still no WAN disconnects over the past 4 days. It seems the worst devices for wlceventd are smartphones and the sky Q boxes. Go figure. Thanks for help.

SmartSelect_20211020-123954_Samsung Internet.jpg

Anyone shed any light?

Screenshot_20211020-201842_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bugger back to WAN dropouts again. Do you think this is ISP related or router??????never really came across dropouts with old hub.literally last 1-2 secs when it happens.Cheers

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!