What's new

RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There is two models one with 4 ports ava one with 8 ports

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

AC88U in hand. Hooking up now to see how it performs in my application. Waiting patiently for Tim's review.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

AC88U in hand. Hooking up now to see how it performs in my application. Waiting patiently for Tim's review.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Would you be able to do an A-B testing to compare throughput with your previous router?

I'm starting to doubt my own sanity here, as my results don't match Tim's own results. During the Holidays I will probably try it out myself, putting an AC68 or putting back my AC87U in the same location, and comparing throughput results against the AC88U. There's a chance that something else in my environment might have caused the performance gain (like the move to Windows 10), I just find it unlikely.

Router fully installed and so far I'm happy with it. I get my full 200Mbps download speed via wired and 5Ghz band. Getting 100Mbps download speed on my 2.4Ghz band on 20Mhz mode.

Would you be able to do an A-B testing to compare throughput with your previous router?

I'm starting to doubt my own sanity here, as my results don't match Tim's own results. During the Holidays I will probably try it out myself, putting an AC68 or putting back my AC87U in the same location, and comparing throughput results against the AC88U. There's a chance that something else in my environment might have caused the performance gain (like the move to Windows 10), I just find it unlikely.

Wifi testing with a 200Mbps download speed from my ISP.

5GHz band

AC68 - 176Mbps download speed

AC88 - 225Mbps download speed

2.4GHz band in 20MHz mode

AC68 - 90Mbps download speed

AC88 - 110Mbps download speed

That's a good speed are you with virgin media? I have just got my rt ac88u on sky fibre I got a download speed off 102mbps I am on sky fibre pro up too 78mbps really playing with settings in the router and got that speed know I am averaging about 85 that's much higher than I should be getting but not complaining

Wifi testing with a 200Mbps download speed from my ISP.

5GHz band

AC68 - 176Mbps download speed

AC88 - 225Mbps download speed

2.4GHz band in 20MHz mode

AC68 - 90Mbps download speed

AC88 - 110Mbps download speed

This test has the WAN as the bottleneck however, rather than the wifi itself. Could you run a test using something like LanBench (http://www.zachsaw.com/?pg=lanbench_tcp_network_benchmark) or iperf? Have one device end on Ethernet, and the other end on a wifi device. LanBench is what I usually use for a quick performance test.

That's a good speed are you with virgin media? I have just got my rt ac88u on sky fibre I got a download speed off 102mbps I am on sky fibre pro up too 78mbps really playing with settings in the router and got that speed know I am averaging about 85 that's much higher than I should be getting but not complaining

I'm in the USA and Bright House Networks is my ISP. They have 50, 100, 200 and 300 Mbps unlimited use packages. I went with the 200 as the 300 was a ridiculous high amount to pay monthly.

We have virgin media I was with them on their 200mbps but was not getting anywhere near that speed so cancelled they have over selled there lines in the UK so on sky fibre and getting better than my quoted speed

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!