What's new

RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asus are more than sloppy with their manuals, smart connect is only available on Tri Band routers. There is no mention of smart connect under the description for the AC88u on the Asus website.

Asus are more than sloppy with their manuals, smart connect is only available on Tri Band routers. There is no mention of smart connect under the description for the AC88u on the Asus website.

look under Feature list on their site

Link Aggregation
MU-MIMO
Smart Connect
Traffic Analyzer
Adaptive QoS
AiProtection
Parental Control
Guest Network :
VPN server :
VPN client :
AiCloud personal cloud service
3G/4G data sharing
Dual WAN
Roaming Assist

I see Amazon has raised the 88u to $299.99. Up from the $279.99 I paid and more in line with the rest of the retailers. Perhaps that was a mistake as well? I guess the early birds lucked out then. :)

I see Amazon has raised the 88u to $299.99. Up from the $279.99 I paid and more in line with the rest of the retailers. Perhaps that was a mistake as well? I guess the early birds lucked out then. :)

Well I'm glad I bought when I did.

It seems the final pricing is set at 279/299 for the RT-AC3100/RT-AC88U.

Still waiting for mine to ship.... I was hoping to have it before the weekend but it appears amazon has other plans.

I felt the same way, I had the RT-N66U that has served me well and still worked great but my new internet connection was starting to push the limits of its wireless capabilities or I just didn't have it setup right. But I didn't want to spend the $200 on the AC-68P when I could get the AC-3100 that should last me 5-6 years, just seemed like the better investment to me as well.
Could you let me know how you like the new router compared to the N66U? I have it and I am looking to upgrade soon. The coverage is adequate on my main floor, but downstairs is killing me lol. At the other end of my house I have little to no reception at times. If you could either post up a review or PM me that would be great!

Could you let me know how you like the new router compared to the N66U? I have it and I am looking to upgrade soon. The coverage is adequate on my main floor, but downstairs is killing me lol. At the other end of my house I have little to no reception at times. If you could either post up a review or PM me that would be great!
Sent you a PM

The exchange rate is killing us.

At one point, it was almost parity... but even then, costs were much higher in Canada (taxes maybe?)

Where's the loonie at these days - about $1CAD to $0.75USD?

At one point, it was almost parity... but even then, costs were much higher in Canada (taxes maybe?)

Beside taxes, some distributors were abusing, by not dropping their own prices at the same rate as our dollar value was increasing. The CAD was even worth more than the USD for a time.

Where's the loonie at these days - about $1CAD to $0.75USD?

It hovers around that, yes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!