What's new

RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unfortunately, I probably won't have up-to-date code at launch time, since the last GPL I received for the RT-AC88U still uses a beta driver with debugging enabled. It writes a LOT of things to syslog, so it's not really fit for regular use, unless you take care not to log directly to jffs.

Unfortunately, I probably won't have up-to-date code at launch time, since the last GPL I received for the RT-AC88U still uses a beta driver with debugging enabled. It writes a LOT of things to syslog, so it's not really fit for regular use, unless you take care not to log directly to jffs.

No worries here, I'm fine with waiting. Sounds like its releasing really soon though from the sound of it...

So, apart of the additional antennas or additional Ethernet ports, what are the differences between the RT-AC5300 and the RT-AC88U?

The specs look quite similar...

So, apart of the additional antennas or additional Ethernet ports, what are the differences between the RT-AC5300 and the RT-AC88U?

The specs look quite similar...

I believe the 5300 just has an additional 5ghz radio. Pretty much the same unit like the 68/3200.

Merlin, do you know if the new bandwidth limiter function is supported on the 88U?

It is, as well as all the usual Trend Micro-related features: AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, etc...

Of course I look at the RT-AC88U, drool and think, must have...

The thing is I have very basic needs. I have three apple tv's, iPads, iPhones, Macbook, Xbox one, Xbox 360, Windows laptop, printer, wireless thermostat and TV's on the network. For the most part my RT-AC87U has been rock solid. Our set up is standard stuff for a standard family.

I don't transfer any large files over my network. I don't even have fiber to my house yet... max speed from ISP is 25mbps!

Would I see any improvement at all if I were to upgrade to the RT-AC88U? Is there any point seeing as the RT-AC87U in my environment, has been extremely reliable.

Which one will be on stores first - ac88u or ac5300?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just saw this at Best Buy - Upstate NY!

Attachments

• rt-ac3100.jpg
    rt-ac3100.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 845
Which one will be on stores first - ac88u or ac5300?

In the US, RT-AC88U. RT-AC5300 will be a few weeks later.

No idea about other countries.

The impatient wait....

Edit: Newegg updated their listing as "Shipping in 3-5 days".

cQcfDoC.png

Still no delivery estimate from Amazon though, I opted for next day delivery.

Thanks for sharing.

I was hoping the RT-AC3100 would have been cheaper than the RT-AC88u. Hopefully amazon will have a lower price.

It's 20$ cheaper.

Releases next week on the 10th. Man I'm going to be busy on veterans day with fallout 4 and this.

oAnzZdY.png

Edit: Resized pic

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!