What's new

RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am just wondering if I could get a log of the CPU usage (if Network Map/System Status/Status CPU real time graph was logged somewhere)? I turned off NAT Acceleration as it interfered with Parental Control, and I would like to check if it reaches any limitation on the CPU side now (I have noted some - rare, occasional - 96% peaks on Core 1).

(latest Merlin firmware)

Thanks and BR,

Rudy

Last edited:
so basically these are 4x4 routers that turn into 3x3 routers when mu-mimo is enabled, stupidest idea i have ever heard

if it can do 3x3 mu-mimo then make it 3x3 not 4x4 that is retarted

I just bought a AC88U and am having a configuration "challenge." I have a NAS that is 802.3ad compliant that allows for link aggregation. On the NAS, there is an option to specifically select 802.3ad as opposed to various balance and broadcast options. I cannot find a like option on the AC88U. I've connected the two cables from my NAS to LAN port 1 & 2 but I can't see any evidence that it is working. Is there an option to configure LAN ports 1&2 for 802.3ad? There is nothing in the manual that I can find. I've looked on the ASUS forums and find a 2-3 questions from people with the same problem but no answers.

Any direction is greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance for any response.

[Edit] ASUS stock firmware.

Last edited:
Is this router is also equipped with wall mounting holes on the bottom of the router ?. I can find nothing about back here in the manual.

Earlier in the thread, if I remember right, this was acknowledged as a known issue with some ASUS routers.

I'm also seeing the issue with my RT-AC88U as a media bridge (with a RT-AC3100 as my main router and a RT-AC87U as an access point). Usually have to do a power cycle on the RT-AC88U once or twice a day. Fortunately, this has never (knock on wood) happened when streaming music or video media with the bridge.

When the issue happens, the AC88U also does not show up as a client when logged into the RT-AC3100. Nor does it show up with ASUS Device Discovery tool.

I finally contacted ASUS about the problems I was having with my RT-AC88U as a media bridge. After going back and forth on a few things, they want me to send the router back to them and have issued me a RMA.

One thing I noticed--after re-powering the RT-AC88U up, I went to the main router, the RT-AC3100, and went to its client list. I keep seeing the RT-AC88U changing it IP address, from 192.168.1.33 (what it was assigned to with DHCP) to 198.168.1.61 to 192.168.1.113 and occasionally even 192.168.1.85 and back to 192.168.1.33. Is that normal?

I then tried assigning the RT-AC88U a static IP. No difference. Problem remained.

In getting the RT-AC88U ready for shipment back to ASUS, I've replaced it with my spare RT-AC66R router and set it up as a media bridge. In contrast to the RT-AC88U, the RT-AC66R has been rock solid. No dropping off the network since setting that up days ago.

I finally contacted ASUS about the problems I was having with my RT-AC88U as a media bridge. After going back and forth on a few things, they want me to send the router back to them and have issued me a RMA.

One thing I noticed--after re-powering the RT-AC88U up, I went to the main router, the RT-AC3100, and went to its client list. I keep seeing the RT-AC88U changing it IP address, from 192.168.1.33 (what it was assigned to with DHCP) to 198.168.1.61 to 192.168.1.113 and occasionally even 192.168.1.85 and back to 192.168.1.33. Is that normal?

I then tried assigning the RT-AC88U a static IP. No difference. Problem remained.

In getting the RT-AC88U ready for shipment back to ASUS, I've replaced it with my spare RT-AC66R router and set it up as a media bridge. In contrast to the RT-AC88U, the RT-AC66R has been rock solid. No dropping off the network since setting that up days ago.
I had the same issues, waiting for further firmware updates before using it again. And my main router is a RT-AC88U as well, so I would have thought that would have minimise issues. Using a RT-AC68U as the media bridge now, rock solid.

380.1681 was emailed to me today. Said they fixed the reboot issue and improved wi-fi stability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Should we expect official firmware update any time soon? To be honest, mine is rock solid and I cannot complain. 13 days uptime and no problems.

Not sure when an official firmware will be released. Since these are still Alpha builds I would recommend sticking with 380.858.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Don't be lazy...

Asus product page -> support -> Driver and tools

I'm not, just that on my phone it was not showi g up on drivers&tools -windows10 section...
Thank you for the info!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm not, just that on my phone it was not showi g up on drivers&tools -windows10 section...
Thank you for the info!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am on the phone too.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC88U/FW_RT_AC88U_30043801354.zip

09dfc2f937e2c399a5335744cb11e3b5.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!