What's new

RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am on the phone too.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC88U/FW_RT_AC88U_30043801354.zip

09dfc2f937e2c399a5335744cb11e3b5.jpg
Look:

e6d89d59d5b7ce2a7f3063f0f52d6290.jpg

Probably it's not yet updated for win10...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I had to manually update, because UI did not detect the update.

Anyway, everything is working fine so far.

Did not notice any changes, everything still working great so far!

One thing that changed is the check button on top of the firmware check button has been removed. I would have to go back to 858 to see what they called it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

One thing that changed is the check button on top of the firmware check button has been removed. I would have to go back to 858 to see what they called it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

What was the button for. I see two check buttons one for firmware Version and one for Signature Version.

Also dose anyone know if the check for firmware button actually works? Is just on a delay so you get a stable older firmware and not the newest? Or is it just borked?

What was the button for. I see two check buttons one for firmware Version and one for Signature Version.

Also dose anyone know if the check for firmware button actually works? Is just on a delay so you get a stable older firmware and not the newest? Or is it just borked?

Yeah it was the signature version. I tried the check firmware before I manually uploaded it and it didn't work.

Am very satisfied about the beta version Asus RT-AC88U 380_1681. The firmware is now almost 3 days on the router and so far no problems. Both Beamforming are on, and the Multi User MIMO are on. I had the RT-AC88U 380.57 _0 by Merlin _ whose port forwarding option was broken. Al so, this version had no Beamforming and MIMO.

Last edited:
I am getting the below error message upon trying to login to WTFast. I was logged in, changed PC, logged out and now cannot login again. This is with the latest RT-AC3100_3.0.0.4_380_1354 firmware. I have tried to reboot the router, no change.

Any advice, please?

Did you reboot the computer and / or clear the browser cache?

So does the MU-MIMO FW contain everything the 1354 does PLUS the MU-MIMO piece or is it an earlier/later build ? Just trying to figure out where it sits and what is/isn't included.

Thanks

also tried sending an email to the router feedback Asus alias and received a Mailbox Full on the recipient !

Last edited:
Did you reboot the computer and / or clear the browser cache?

Yes, also tried it from a different computer. Same error message even now, half a day later.... I will try update the firmware to the MU-MIMO later today, let's see it that does anything...

Yes, also tried it from a different computer. Same error message even now, half a day later.... I will try update the firmware to the MU-MIMO later today, let's see it that does anything...

Upon logging in from their website, I see this:

Uhh? I tought the router comes with free subscription for one PC. I really don't care much about WTFast, but I don't like this mess...

Wow, just fired mine up and configured the VPN client and get amazing speed, much better than the R7000 OC'd. I put Merlin on it. Need to test the USB 3 speed and a few other things but looks like a keeper even at stock speed. This thing runs at 1400,800 stock, when I tried to give it 1500 or 1600 I lost network connectivity, DHCP stalls, etc. Waiting did not help, only reset. Did anybody try to overclock this one yet?

Overclocked by factory? The 88's cpu is designed to run at 1.4GHz. That said, I wouldn't be in a hurry to overclock it just yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Has anyone with a fast internet connection on both ends tried to test openVPN bandwidth speed test?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!