What's new

RT-AX58U FQ_Codel issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did I mention I'm on the latest stock firmware? I made sure to format the jjfs partition first. Then went back to stock. Factory reset everything. Input everything manually. I don't think Merlin has the latest gpl code? I think that's what it's called. Once Merlin gets the latest code from Asus, I'm sure everything will be better. And it won't take a year lol! Added photo. Speeds I get without any qos are 89/17.

So I went ahead and flashed the stock firmware and factory reset like recommended. I did this twice just to be safe. I set all of the settings again manually.

No matter which QoS setting I pick, BF 1 will still get huge ping spikes (100-200+) when I run a Fast.com test. I've even tried setting the Bandwidth Limiter far lower than my real bandwidth : 140/7 instead of 200+/11 that I always get. I set it for the IP range 192.168.1.2-254 and I've even tried setting it specifically for my PC's MAC address that I was using to test.

Oddly Fast.com will show my full speeds with QoS, but speedtest.net will report much slower bandwidth than what I set.

It seems that QoS is totally broken even on the latest Asus stock firmware, regardless what QoS Type you pick.

Even more strangely with bandwidth limiter set, I can score an A in bufferbloat and sometimes a AAA. Still I wish it translated to real use case, such as gaming...oh well...
Annotation 2020-05-28 000634.png

RT-AX58 seems to have A LOT of problems. It's capable router on paper, but for some reason ASUS released this one in utterly broken state and doesn't seem to be too quick on fixing it. I'm still running almost 2 months old beta test firmware to even make it usable.

RT-AX58 seems to have A LOT of problems. It's capable router on paper, but for some reason ASUS released this one in utterly broken state and doesn't seem to be too quick on fixing it. I'm still running almost 2 months old beta test firmware to even make it usable.

Is it better than the current 3.0.0.4.384_8601?

Where do I find the beta? I'm curious to try it if it's stable and functional.

Thanks