What's new

Rt-ax58u random reset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I removed the fans. Today router has crashed two times, during adding aeotec hub into the network. There must be something about some devices aren't supported or I dont know what elese.
Try using ethernet cable to plug aeotec directly into the router if you have not already tried that.

Today router has crashed two times, during adding aeotec hub into the network. There must be something about some devices aren't supported or I dont know what elese.
I still suspect this is an electrical problem. So I'll ask you again, can you describe the physical/electrical arrangement of your devices?

I have a smart switch for all the devices - like everything in my living room. The only one which is giving me some problems is router. Now I sent that router to the dealer for inspection , and I have my old AC55U back. Now I will see, if the problem with this router will be the same.

Well, the dealer said that i can get a new device since that one is faulty. Lets try with anoter unit, otherwise i will switch to other model / or brand :)

I got a new device and now i'll keep my fingers crossed. By the way, does anyone know why can't I connect through OpenVPN client on the phone, to home network. Settings within router are the same as they were on old asus router - ac56u. But the same settings won't work with RT-AX58U router.

What could be the catch? The new router has some options regarding certificates, maybe this is the cause?

Even with new router, the problem stays the same. After 1 hour of work, it crashed :( Obviously one of my device is interrupting with the router, don't know which device, so i will return the router and obviously look at another brand ;(

Last edited:
Hm, i was trying to copy files on NAS between two folders, and both times router has crashed. So, that means that it could be something related to the nas - WD MY Cloud. I never had that kind of issues in the past :/

The WD My Cloud products are not NAS'.

How big were the files you were transferring? From which two devices? From the WD 'page', or from a client PC's file explorer window?

My Cloud mirror is I think 2 Bay nas

Files were mix of videos and pictures, I was doing it through Windows computer.

I am trying to reproduce this scenario, i had luck even the third time-when this popup was waiting for my action for like few minutes, router has restarted ;/

1669653560832.png

Attachments

• crash.txt
    254 KB · Views: 32
I got a new device and now i'll keep my fingers crossed. By the way, does anyone know why can't I connect through OpenVPN client on the phone, to home network. Settings within router are the same as they were on old asus router - ac56u. But the same settings won't work with RT-AX58U router.

What could be the catch? The new router has some options regarding certificates, maybe this is the cause?
Looking at the log file you just posted we can see that your ISP is assigning you a CGNAT WAN address. Therefore your VPN server will never be reachable from the internet. Looking back at your earlier posts we can see this was also the case with your previous RT-AX58U.

I am trying to reproduce this scenario, i had luck even the third time-when this popup was waiting for my action for like few minutes, router has restarted ;/
Just like all the previous times, there is no indication of any errors or crashing in the log. For all intents and purposes it looks like the power was interrupted. I really suggest that you move the router off of your smart switch onto a normal power outlet. If nothing else it will prove/disprove whether the smart switch is the problem.

Well, i was trying to set up OpenVPN, but it doesn't work. It worked on previous asus router, ISP is the same. So i can't see any logic in this.

Router is now pluged in normal socket - no more smart plug.

Well, i was trying to set up OpenVPN, but it doesn't work. It worked on previous asus router, ISP is the same. So i can't see any logic in this.
Your ISP assigns you an IP address based on the MAC address of your router. So every time you change your router you get a different IP address. It is very common that while routers that were setup a few years ago got a public IP address new ones will only get a CGNAT address.

Yes , i swap my ISP provider (basically i am testing their new product) 3 months ago. At that time i had an old model of Asus router, where OpenVPN just worked. So now with the new router it just doesnt work. On both cases i got dynamic IP - so i don't know how to esplain to myself why it wouldn't work just because i got new ip?

Is there any way to check with old router ,what kind of IP address i get?

On both cases i got dynamic IP - so i don't know how to esplain to myself why it wouldn't work just because i got new ip?
I just explained it to you. It's because your ISP is now assigning you a CGNAT address whereas with your old router they weren't.

Is there any way to check with old router ,what kind of IP address i get?
Look on the back of the old router and make a note of the MAC address printed there. You can then try cloning this MAC address onto your new router. If you're really lucky and your ISP has reassigned your old IP address you might get it back.

Nevermind, when I will change back the ISP , it will work again. However, this problem with crashing of the router, will remain :/

So, can anyone tell me an alternative option to that router :)

I was looking at Asus AX5400 but i think i will have same problems? :)

Last edited:
Not really, still waiting for support team. In the meanwhile i got a new router TUF AX5400, right now i am setting it up to see wheter problem will remain.

Not really, still waiting for support team. In the meanwhile i got a new router TUF AX5400, right now i am setting it up to see wheter problem will remain.
I will follow your comments to see how your problem evolves and consider a change of router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!