What's new

RT-AX58U upgrade error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tratek

Occasional Visitor
I wanted to upgrade RT-AX58U upgrade with RT-AX58U_3004_388.4_0_puresqubi.w but getting error
Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-24 141414.png

and then a message: Firmware upgrade is done. Please reboot RT-AX58U manually.
After rebooting I still see the old firmware.

How to properly upgrade RT-AX58U from stock firmware to Asus Merlin?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-24 141414.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-24 141414.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 10
I wanted to upgrade RT-AX58U upgrade with RT-AX58U_3004_388.4_0_puresqubi.w but getting error
View attachment 53801

and then a message: Firmware upgrade is done. Please reboot RT-AX58U manually.
After rebooting I still see the old firmware.

How to properly upgrade RT-AX58U from stock firmware to Asus Merlin?
I have a couple of these and had this issue, it's a strange model where the current firmware has to be a certain version to perform the upgrade or change over to Merlin. I think it is 3.0.0.4.386.45898 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AX58U/FW_RT_AX58U_300438645898.zip?model=RT-AX58U

agh! wish I knew it before ;(
I switched from ax56u to a58u
will need to send it back and get another router. Need Merlin onboard ;-)
Yes, the V1 is supported but not the V2.

what about RT-AX68U? are there v1/2/xx/ unsupported versions

This one is next to land on the End-of-Life list. Your current RT-AX58U V2 (and other variants, AX3000 and AX5400) is offered as RT-AX68U (AX2700) replacement model. In short time you'll find it unsupported by Asus. Last official firmware update was almost a year ago. For longer support get RT-AX86U Pro or better - newer better hardware and 3.0.0.6 Pro firmware available.

This one is next to land on the End-of-Life list. Your current RT-AX58U V2 (and other variants, AX3000 and AX5400) is offered as RT-AX68U (AX2700) replacement model. In short time you'll find it unsupported by Asus. Last official firmware update was almost a year ago. For longer support get RT-AX86U Pro or better - newer better hardware and 3.0.0.6 Pro firmware available.
Isn't RT-AX86U Pro an xDSL router?

Enjoy. Be careful, some of the scripts may not work properly on newer routers. Do the research.

If this is all you need your current RT-AX58U router with AdGuard DNS and available in 388 firmware VPN Fusion perhaps may do the same or very close thing without the need of 3rd party firmware and scripts.

Anybody have a version 3 ? My friend has one or that is what it says on the label bottom of router. Having problems with it shutting down.