What's new

RT-AX82U - high bufferbloat issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Roki100

New Around Here
Hello! so few days ago i bought RT-AX82U, i am happy with the WiFi range and performance but i have an issue with high bufferbloat, i did a test on waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat and got +200ms/D grade, i know this tool is not 100% accurate so i also did a test by pinging my IP via a server and running a speedtest, during download it goes up by like 200ms, during upload it goes up by like 90-100ms, and there comes my question on what do i do to get an A/A+ grade (low bufferbloat in general)? such bufferbloat is not something i expected from such router.
I have Adaptive QoS enabled, however disabling it does not seem to change anything, i also have AiProtection, Traffic analyzer and Apps analysis(Under Adaptive Qos) enabled
I run the latest 3.0.0.4.386_46061 stock asuswrt firmware

1650577766419.png

I believe that there were issues with the QOS in firmware 3.0.0.4.386.46061. That firmware did not bother my AX86U with a 100/100 connection. I got an A+ from Waveform. Your lower upload may be causing the bad rating.

You did not say if you used manual settings for the adaptive QOS but you should use a setting of 95% of the tested bandwidth.

I believe that there were issues with the QOS in firmware 3.0.0.4.386.46061. That firmware did not bother my AX86U with a 100/100 connection. I got an A+ from Waveform. Your lower upload may be causing the bad rating.

You did not say if you used manual settings for the adaptive QOS but you should use a setting of 95% of the tested bandwidth.
Yeah i used automatic settings as i am not a fan of how manual limits the bandwidth due to my isp sometimes experimenting and giving me 1gig but generally theres what comes with 95% (475/19)
1650584523778.png

Generally the pings barely jump with 95% manual, so thank you for the help man

You have plenty of download bandwidth. That can be set higher if you want. Play with the upload setting. It can be in 10ths if needed.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!