What's new

rt-ax82u - unable to connect two works pcs to one work vpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mking007

New Around Here
I just got an asus rt-ax82u but I'm unable to connect two work laptops to the same work vpn (working from home) one laptop connects fine, the other keeps bringing up possible Nat/firewall issues and looks like its tries to connect but fails each time.

Is there a setting to allow two connections to the same work vpn in the asus ?

I connected a cheap dlink ax router today and it worked first time with no issues, no need to open ports, both pcs on the same network connected to the same vpn.

static ip if any makes any difference.
router is on NAT fullcone, connected to ONT, gigabit fttp
tried turning of all firewall, ive tried open the two required ports.
latest official firmware

both pcs are windows 10,
Dunno about the vpn client they are pre-configured, details from windows vpn.

AlwaysOn VPN
VPN Endpoint
IKEv2

i had to set it fullcone as any other setting wouldn't allow the ONT to connect to online.

OK that sounds like Microsoft's built-in VPN client. I've not used that myself. Make sure IPSec and L2TP are enabled on the router under WAN - NAT Passthrough.

i had to set it fullcone as any other setting wouldn't allow the ONT to connect to online.
This sounds a bit suspicious. Ignoring any VPN issues, the internet connection should work with either NAT type. Symmetric would be considered the "normal" connection type for a typical home router. Try getting symmetric to work.