What's new

RT-AX82U upload speed reduced after firmware upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smartbits

Occasional Visitor
I recently bought a RT-AX82U and after I configured it, my download and upload speeds both reached maximum levels, just like they did with my previous router. After I upgraded to the 3.0.0.4.386_45898 firmware, which is currently the latest one, my download speed still reaches the maximum but my upload speed has been reduced by at least 30%.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? If not, can anyone help me figure out which setting might be causing this issue?

I recently bought a RT-AX82U and after I configured it, my download and upload speeds both reached maximum levels, just like they did with my previous router. After I upgraded to the 3.0.0.4.386_45898 firmware, which is currently the latest one, my download speed still reaches the maximum but my upload speed has been reduced by at least 30%.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? If not, can anyone help me figure out which setting might be causing this issue?
Hi
The latest update is ........ 45934 which you can download manually , rather than use the auto update on the router menu c/o https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT...ters-and-Systems/RT-AX82U/helpdesk_knowledge/ Have used this for sometime with very consistent upload / download levels.

Last edited:
Hi
The latest update is ........ 45934 which you can download manually , rather than use the auto update on the router menu c/o https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT...ters-and-Systems/RT-AX82U/helpdesk_knowledge/ Have used this for sometime with very consistent upload / download levels.

Hi,

I first tried updating manually but it did not work. I actually had to reset the router in order to perform the update. I am not on the latest version. I also reset the router after upgrading the firmware.

Hi,

I first tried updating manually but it did not work. I actually had to reset the router in order to perform the update. I am not on the latest version. I also reset the router after upgrading the firmware.
In Router menu , Go "Administration " / Firmware Upgrade " then to "Auto Firmware Update" = Off , then Ai Mesh Router /Upload ( Point it to the downloaded file from my previous link ). Not sure how this could be a problem