What's new

RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Version 3.0.0.4.386.44130 - 2021/06/28

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Decided to flash and then hard reset, since it’s been a while. Got through the setup wizard and it just hung up. After a few minutes, I could access the router with new login credentials, but with the default ssid and no wifi security.
reset and tried 3 different times. Had to ssid manually. Not a huge deal, but that’s never happened before.

Decided to flash and then hard reset, since it’s been a while. Got through the setup wizard and it just hung up. After a few minutes, I could access the router with new login credentials, but with the default ssid and no wifi security.
reset and tried 3 different times. Had to ssid manually. Not a huge deal, but that’s never happened before.
My 5GHz SSID changed after upgrading, corrected/changed back manually, no big deal but interesting...

can someone tell me what is the difference between these options?

Attachments

• 2021-07-22 (1).png
    2021-07-22 (1).png
    102.9 KB · Views: 168
can someone tell me what is the difference between these options?
Time - Internet is off during the timeframe(s) you select.
Block - Disables internet access on the device, regardless of times selected.
Disable - Turns off time restrictions on the device.

just updated to this router from the ac86 version and updated to this latest firmware.

everything seems ok

Well i take back my first post about everything working.

my router i had devliverd is dodgy.

if i cable to the router that works 100% - (even when the wifi is going crazy)

the 2ghz band is solid, that never gives any problems.

the headace comes with the 5ghz band not staying solid - even after a reset. it either makes my connection drop to near nothing or just disconects randomly.

ive tried turning off the 6ghz options and beamforming but the 5 ghz band still wants to act dodgy.

I do own an ac86u - running with high temps performing without problems - with the bands solid.

are there any knownd problems with the ax86u with the 5ghz band?

amazon replaced the unit and now the wifi bands are solid.

No matter which channel or settings i used for the 5ghz band it was disapeering randomly and reconnecting.

on a plus note

Wifi around the house is alot faster on the ax86u, an xbox series x gets nearly full speed testing the connection on the xbox through 5ghz band.

any one have AX86S and can check what is a CPU. Is it Broadcom BCM4908 like in AX86U, but because of sorting it is just 2cores ore because of issue with electronic supply chain they use AC86U CPU BCM4906 for AX86S

amazon replaced the unit and now the wifi bands are solid.

No matter which channel or settings i used for the 5ghz band it was disapeering randomly and reconnecting.

on a plus note

Wifi around the house is alot faster on the ax86u, an xbox series x gets nearly full speed testing the connection on the xbox through 5ghz band.

I suggest updating your avatar picture then

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!