What's new

RT-AX86U - Bandwith Monitor doesn't work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cniedzi

Occasional Visitor
I don't know if it was reported, but in any RT-AX86U FW except 384.9298 the Bandwith Monitor doesn't work.

Working for me on 9318, although it did stop for a few days after I made changes to QoS settings. (changing to the bandwidth limiter QoS setting resolved the issue)

Obvious question, but have you tried a full reset? Logged it with Asus support?

Working for me on 9318, although it did stop for a few days after I made changes to QoS settings. (changing to the bandwidth limiter QoS setting resolved the issue)

Obvious question, but have you tried a full reset? Logged it with Asus support?
Sure

In 9.0.0.4_386_41157, they doesn't fix it.

I just installed the beta 1 firmware. Only my VPN client split networking traffic seems to show up in bandwidth monitor on the AX-86U. Normal internet traffic is measured almost as using nothing at all.

It doesn't matter, a full and proper reset is required to actually test the RMerlin 386.1 Beta 1 firmware correctly.

Just found this.. Yup same problem, switched to traditional QoS and everything works. thanks
Thanks for the post. I just verified this as well. Having QoS turned off doesn't show bandwidth, but having it on does. I like to leave mine off.

Started using cake and not adaptive(flex) and it works amazingly well now. I can see when one of my kids is going download crazy. Can't recommend cake enough to smooth out your network.

9.0.0.4_386_41157 is riddled with problems. I had to go back to the previous version. wireless clients kept disconnecting and I had to reboot my router 3 times in one day to get them to connect again. And, when QOS is enabled there are multiple issues. It looked like they had resolved the issue with using the 2.5 gb port for AiMesh backhaul, but it is still broken. The latest firmware upgrade is a total bust.

Feed the kids enough cake and they'll get food drunk and forget about downloading anything! :p:D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!