RT-AX86U - Bandwith Monitor doesn't work

  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

cniedzi

Occasional Visitor
I don't know if it was reported, but in any RT-AX86U FW except 384.9298 the Bandwith Monitor doesn't work.
 

dfunked

Regular Contributor
Working for me on 9318, although it did stop for a few days after I made changes to QoS settings. (changing to the bandwidth limiter QoS setting resolved the issue)

Obvious question, but have you tried a full reset? Logged it with Asus support?
 

cniedzi

Occasional Visitor
Working for me on 9318, although it did stop for a few days after I made changes to QoS settings. (changing to the bandwidth limiter QoS setting resolved the issue)

Obvious question, but have you tried a full reset? Logged it with Asus support?
Sure
 

EricTheRed

Occasional Visitor
I just installed the beta 1 firmware. Only my VPN client split networking traffic seems to show up in bandwidth monitor on the AX-86U. Normal internet traffic is measured almost as using nothing at all.
 

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
It doesn't matter, a full and proper reset is required to actually test the RMerlin 386.1 Beta 1 firmware correctly.
 

EricTheRed

Occasional Visitor
Just found this.. Yup same problem, switched to traditional QoS and everything works. thanks
Thanks for the post. I just verified this as well. Having QoS turned off doesn't show bandwidth, but having it on does. I like to leave mine off.
 

BreakingDad

Senior Member
Started using cake and not adaptive(flex) and it works amazingly well now. I can see when one of my kids is going download crazy. Can't recommend cake enough to smooth out your network.
 

_Jon_

New Around Here
9.0.0.4_386_41157 is riddled with problems. I had to go back to the previous version. wireless clients kept disconnecting and I had to reboot my router 3 times in one day to get them to connect again. And, when QOS is enabled there are multiple issues. It looked like they had resolved the issue with using the 2.5 gb port for AiMesh backhaul, but it is still broken. The latest firmware upgrade is a total bust.
 

BreakingDad

Senior Member

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Feed the kids enough cake and they'll get food drunk and forget about downloading anything! :p:D
 

Similar threads

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top