What's new

RT-AX86U PRO page now up ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Something I didn't know. This router exists: TUF-AX6000

It's even uglier than GT-AX6000. Just get RT-AX86U Pro and you're good for 3-4 years. Don't overpay for features you don't need. There is no futureproofing with mostly disposable hardware home routers. Get what you can use today, upgrade after when you need to upgrade.

wonder why ist such a challenge to find the pro for sale in Canada?

found it on newegg.ca for $319, never mind

So bought Pro on Amazon £210, got it delivered next day, thanks to Prime

Like a lot of you said, I have some Wifi 6 devices but be a few years until Wifi 7 comes into my house. I'll enjoy the Pro now

So bought Pro on Amazon £210, got it delivered next day, thanks to Prime

Like a lot of you said, I have some Wifi 6 devices but be a few years until Wifi 7 comes into my house. I'll enjoy the Pro now
What model are you replacing, and how is the range/speed in comparison (at least subjectively)?

I guess I'll have to presume it was a positive difference ;).
Sorry yes a positive difference

My wifi speeds across the house is better. The M1 MacBook Air was doing 300/mbps downstairs and now 450/mbps sat in the same area. The gaming PC upstairs downloading from steam was better and noticed by my Son. The temps are much lower and CPU core very low compared to the dual core model

And what do you say about Wi-Fi coverage, it remained at the same level? Or maybe it got worse or better?

I'm not sure which of the info I have are public, and which are confidential, so I can't elaborate. But you can compare the (limited) info published on Broadcom's website. For instance the BCM4912 adds support for two 10 Gbps ports, and DDR4 support (which means an upgraded memory controller at the very least).
some residential or small business office has 10Gbps Internet ? :) Wow! My FiOS 500/500 is still too fast rather than 1Gbps :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!