What's new

RT-AX86U PRO page now up ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@muzykcb, this is when it would be worth it.
  • If you can test it with full return options for an extended period before having to 'keep it'.
  • If you already have a buyer for your older unit (if the testing above indicates it's also worth it).
  • If the price difference between selling your old unit and buying the new one (don't forget your gas/time too) is worth it to you.
The above isn't just for 'right now', it is the process I also use when I upgrade my routers as I get a chance to use the newer models in my network environment too.

In the near future when others have had a chance to use this model more, no matter how glowing their reviews are, I suggest following the same outline above, to be sure that your network will benefit, too.

Do we know when the RT-AX86U PRO will go on sale? I don't see it on Amazon or best buy.
Probably by 2023 ;).

In all seriousness, it seems to be just coming out in China quite recently (in the last week or so), so we are hoping for "soon", but nothing has been announced to my knowledge. Could be a month, but could also be longer, TBD.

Hi everyone,

New here. Would you guys say that this router is better than the ET12?
Totally different products. One is a Mesh system with Wifi 6e, the other is a standalone Wifi 6 router.

RT-AX86U PRO
Processor BCM4912,
Radio 5GHz BCM6715,
Rangeboots+,
USB 3.0 / 2.0

RT-AX86U
Processor BCM4908,
Radio 5GHz BCM43684,
Rangeboots,
USB 3.0 / 3.0
I would love me some Rangeboots!! :p

Not sure if this was already posted, but I saw AX86U Pro listed on newegg.com from a 3rd part seller in hongkong for $295.00 USD + 50$ shipping, which I mean, 25% price of the router - no thanks i guess (and seller has 65% positive feedback rating). hXXps://www.newegg.com/p/0E6-005X-004N4

Last edited:
Only if it's Star Wars Edition and says "I find your lack of faith disturbing" on boot up and "I have a bad feeling about this" on reboot.
And maybe if you hear a "I've altered the deal" when you try to return it! :p

I'm offering $600 first bid for Star Wars Edition. It will be mine. If boot up voice is Darth Vader's and reboot voice Luke Skywalker's - $1000. For boot up animation two lightsabers crossed opening in red and blue - more. Custom color lightsabers in GUI with opening sound on Wi-Fi start - more.

Last edited:
I'm offering $600 first bid for Star Wars Edition. It will be mine. If boot up voice is Darth Vader's and reboot voice Luke Skywalker's - $1000.
I'm going to easily outbid this since I'm gunning for the AXE11000 and all... $601, and $1001. As Darth Vader said, "I have you now".

I'm offering $600 first bid for Star Wars Edition. It will be mine. If boot up voice is Darth Vader's and reboot voice Luke Skywalker's - $1000. For boot up animation two lightsabers crossed opening in red and blue - more. Custom color lightsabers in GUI with opening sound on Wi-Fi start - more.
YES!

Asus has done something to both the zoku for reg and starwars for the pro - that they run faster than the non-zoku versions - something is in it, not clear what.
Midichlorians, obviously!

I wonder when can we buy it

I wonder when can we buy it
It's made its was east as far as the UK, available on Amazon there.

No sign of it on Asus North American websites nor any retailers here yet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!