What's new

RT-AX88U Beta Firmware posted. Supports WPA3 and OFDMA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What are you doing with so many 1000$+ phones? :D

I guess that means Samsung has already enabled OFDMA support on their end. Would be nice for Intel to also provide a beta driver, would greatly help with betatesting by having more OFDMA-enabled clients out in the wild.

Has support for this firmware (with WPA3 and OFDMA) been integrated in the latest version of merlin for AX88U?

Has support for this firmware (with WPA3 and OFDMA) been integrated in the latest version of merlin for AX88U?

No. This firmware hasn't been released, it's just a beta.

I find it interesting how GT-AX11000 OFDMA official firmware isn't in beta (or never even hit beta), but the AX88U is still in beta. This kind of stinks for AX88U considering OFDMA firmware hasn't seem to got one update since its beta release, but each regular firmware update for the AX11000 includes OFDMA enabled. I was going to throw the RT-Ax89X in the mix however I realized that's apples to oranges considering the AX89 is a qualcomm chip.

RT-AX88U - Broadcom BCM49408
GT-AX11000 - Broadcom BCM4908

(irrelevant considering Qualcomm Chip) RT-AX89X - Qualcomm IPQ8074

So the question is, what's so different between the GT-AX11000 and the RT-AX88U...

Attachments

• gtax11000.jpg
    gtax11000.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 143

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!