What's new

RT-AX88U issue with apple region

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ozi

New Around Here
Hi All

I upgraded my RT-AX88uU to the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.386_45898-gfa90458) and everything appeared to be ok. I also noticed that the time zone was set to something different that where i am (Sydney GMT+10) so I changed that as well and all was good for a couple of weeks until I decided watch a tv series on apple plus on my iPad. When I tried to watch an episode it told me that the program was not available in my region even though I had already watched many shows on the same device the week before I upgraded the router. This happens on all my apple and non apple devices when connected to the router. If I turn the wifi off and use a 4g mobile connection everything works fine. If i stay connected to the router and use a VPN set to Australia everything works fine turn the vpn off and the issue reappears.

The timestamp is correct in the system log page but i cannot work out why Apple plus now thinks i am in the wrong region any ideas ???

The timezone has nothing to do with it.
Mostly this is about the region assign to your IP address. Are you using a VPN?

I have a VPN but don’t use it all the time and don’t use it on my smart TV. It works if I use the VPN on the iPhone / iPad but stops working when I turn VPN off

Which IP address are you getting assigned by your ISP?
Try entering a site like https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and see if the attributed location makes sense.
Thanks for the link i put in my ip address and it did not show any region so i contacted my ISP who refreshed my ip and now all is working. Looks like it was a blocked ip, strange how only apple plus had an issue as Netflix was fine.
Thanks for the help

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!