What's new

Release RT-AX88U New Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_45898 (06 Oct 2021)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sanke1

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_45898
- Release Note -

Code:
Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fix AiMesh web page multi-language issues.
2. Fix Let's encrypt issues.
3. Fix Stored XSS vulnerability.
4. Fix CVE-2021-41435, CVE-2021-41436.
   Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean
   Georgios Kambourakis, European Commission at the European Joint Research Centre
   Constantinos Kolias, University of Idaho.
5. Fix Stack overflow vulnerability.
   Thanks to Jixing Wang (@chamd5) contribution.
6. Fix information disclosure vulnerability.
   Thanks to CataLpa from DBappSecurity Co.,Ltd Hatlab and 360 Alpha Lab contribution.

Update through router’s GUI OR download from Asus servers below.

Download

Last edited:
- Release Note -

Code:
   Thanks to CataLpa from DBappSecurity Co.,Ltd Hatlab and 360 Alpha Lab contribution.

OTA for now. Update through router’s GUI. Download link coming soon.
Sanke1,
Thanks, I just flashed over the previous version from GUI. All seems to be working find for me, including Let's encrypt issue in the previous firmware:)

Last edited:
Anyone able to access router home page via non https on Edge? On firefox it gives an option to login via http. But this option is missing on Edge.

So far so good and I haven't experienced any wifi drops like with the previous version.

Anyone able to access router home page via non https on Edge? On firefox it gives an option to login via http. But this option is missing on Edge.
Yes. Works fine for me using Edge on my iPhone or Windows 11.

2021-10-08.png

Having issues with my TP-Link smart switches. They are connected to the 2.4ghz, but the TPlink app says "local only" next to them, and Alexa can't control them.

I haven't tried factory reset and setting up the router from scratch yet.

Hi,
I accidentally discovered that the GUI manual "Check Update" is not working with the message in the screenshot below, that says "Router cannot connect to ASUS Server to check for the firmware update ..."

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 13.13.03.png

However, Updates actually working properly for the following cases
  1. My 2:00 am "Auto Firmware Upgrade" is working, as I can see it daily in the syslog.
  2. When I use iOS Asus Router App -> Settings -> Firmware Upgrade -> Check Firmware version
  3. So, clearly there is a new bug introduced here for the Web GUI "Check Update" above. I have done this when I sign in with either HTTP or HTTPS, Locally in my Home Network or Over VPN from remote.

Parental Controls - Web and App Filters ==> doesn't seem to be working. The button can't be turned on and the managed clients can't be listed or added anymore.

1634016723437.png

Mine seems to be working when I click on it.
1634029325422.png

Hi,
I accidentally discovered that the GUI manual "Check Update" is not working with the message in the screenshot below, that says "Router cannot connect to ASUS Server to check for the firmware update ..."

View attachment 36717

However, Updates actually working properly for the following cases
  1. My 2:00 am "Auto Firmware Upgrade" is working, as I can see it daily in the syslog.
  2. When I use iOS Asus Router App -> Settings -> Firmware Upgrade -> Check Firmware version
  3. So, clearly there is a new bug introduced here for the Web GUI "Check Update" above. I have done this when I sign in with either HTTP or HTTPS, Locally in my Home Network or Over VPN from remote.

Mine seems to be working when I click on it.
View attachment 36720
Gregory,
Thanks for you screenshot :) I noticed that you Turned "Auto Firmware Upgrade" -> OFF; which I have it -> ON.
So I turned mine OFF. It still does not work, until after I did a AiMesh System Reboot ... it is working now.
Nonetheless, I would consider this a bug and will be reporting through ASUS feedback.

Edit: Update:
Ignore the above. I turned "Auto Firmware Upgrade" -> ON,
It is still working (?)
I will watch out to see it the problem comes back.

Last edited:
Maybe there was a stray setting still in memory that was interfering or you held your mouth just right when you clicked on the button.

Not sure if it’s placebo effect, but this firmware seems to have better WiFi stability and consistency. Throughput is good with less variance.

I’m not seeing wild swings in throughput like the previous firmware seemed to have. Again…maybe it’s coincidence with my ISP.

Does this firmware for AX88U have dns filter & DoT?
Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 10.07.43.png

Edit: I just noticed that "Preset Server" line to select the various preset DoT DNS Servers is not there now. I remember it was there when I setup on the previous Stock FirmWare.

Last edited:
- Release Note -

Code:

Update through router’s GUI OR download from Asus servers below.

Download
NOT WORKING! Went back to old firmware!!

Having issues with my TP-Link smart switches. They are connected to the 2.4ghz, but the TPlink app says "local only" next to them, and Alexa can't control them.

I haven't tried factory reset and setting up the router from scratch yet.
same here, some of my Kasa Smart switches are struggling to keep a stable connection. The last update I was not having issues with was from August. Does anyone know or have any ideas what could be causing this or how to try and troubleshoot it? Its only been affecting my 2.4 network

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!