What's new

RT-AX88U - no login possible since 384.19

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hababu

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I have a problem since MerlinWrt 384.19 - after upgrading, I cannot enter the webinterface. The login mask appears, but after entering the credentials, the site is loading. I tried different browsers.
I managed it, to downgrade to 384.18 and all worked fine again.
Today I tried the new Beta_3 and the same problem as with 384.19 --> no I must see, if I can downgrade to 384.18 again.

Does someone know this issue? What is it caused by? Please help.

Thank you

Best regards and a happy new Year
hababu

Hello,
I have a problem since MerlinWrt 384.19 - after upgrading, I cannot enter the webinterface. The login mask appears, but after entering the credentials, the site is loading. I tried different browsers.
I managed it, to downgrade to 384.18 and all worked fine again.
Today I tried the new Beta_3 and the same problem as with 384.19 --> no I must see, if I can downgrade to 384.18 again.

Does someone know this issue? What is it caused by? Please help.

Thank you

Best regards and a happy new Year
hababu

You may try to clear the browser cache.

Did you give the router some time? At least and hour or so. The web interface seems to lock up while the router does database maintenance after the upgrade. Most folks report at least an hour. Merlin's change log also suggest about an hour. Some have reported as much as three hours.

Also, I am assuming a full factory reset and config as well.

Listing what router you are using will help get answers as well.

Cheers

In the meantime I did a reset and it worked - until i restored the jffs-backup. ( at the moment everything works except the login).
I will wait some hours. Otherwise I will reset again and do not restore the jffs backup.

I am using the RT-AX88U

Thank you
Best regards
hababu

Glad it all worked out

@hababu and for future reference, restoring a saved backup config file effectively undid the reset you performed. :)