What's new

RT-AX88U VLAN Support (3.0.0.6)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bimota

New Around Here
I actually have two questions under this title, if anyone can provide some insight.
  1. Does anyone have any insider information on whether the RT-AX88U will receive the 3.0.0.6 firmware, namely for VLAN/network segmentation per SSID?
  2. Can you have a RT-AX88U PRO with VLAN's as the base unit meshed to standard RT-AX88U and function?
Currently I have been doing this for years using Merlin firmware via scripts with brctl, ip and nvram manipulation, which is fine, but I would like to have this natively supported in the UI. I was looking at some commercial options, but if this is coming for the standard RT-AX88U I see no need to replace this infrastructure as it just works.

Thanks!

The Non-Pro will not receive 3.0.0.6 firmware. VLAN support can be backported by Asus into older 3.0.0.4 firmware but so far, there has been no news about it and it's best to assume that support might not even come as asus would want you to buy their newer shiny Routers that have support.

I actually have two questions under this title, if anyone can provide some insight.
  1. Does anyone have any insider information on whether the RT-AX88U will receive the 3.0.0.6 firmware, namely for VLAN/network segmentation per SSID?
  2. Can you have a RT-AX88U PRO with VLAN's as the base unit meshed to standard RT-AX88U and function?
Currently I have been doing this for years using Merlin firmware via scripts with brctl, ip and nvram manipulation, which is fine, but I would like to have this natively supported in the UI. I was looking at some commercial options, but if this is coming for the standard RT-AX88U I see no need to replace this infrastructure as it just works.

Thanks!
To answer #2 - non Pro routers work now with the VLAN with guest network 1 so they should work with the VLAN on the 3.0.0.6. firmware.

I am in the same boat. Which is the next model that supports VLAN?

1707414335297.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!