What's new

RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 doesn't work for 5G

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Worth trying/testing a new one.

Or, on the problem device, forget the network, reboot the device, and then re-associate.

Worth trying/testing a new one.

Or, on the problem device, forget the network, reboot the device, and then re-associate.
Not the device. Tried those. Didn't work. When I go to gym/grocery store, it connects as WiFi 6 everywhere except my home network 🤷

With WiFi 6 i would probably get better speed on a different floor.

Unlikely and your phones don't need much speed unless you update/download apps constantly.

That's my Pixel phone:
Channel: 40/160
Stations List
----------------------------------------
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX Yes Yes -54dBm ax Yes Yes No Yes 2 160M 1633.3M

I can't really understand why you're saying SmartConnect kicks your clients to 2.4. Mine works just perfect, only dumbest clients are on 2.4. All decent devices are doing 5GHz.

I would suspect something is wrong in your configuration. Maybe build and change in time so it's a bit messy.

Looking at the specs on a couple of sites there's ac 6e and wifi7 listed but no specific mention of wifi6/ax. With wifi 6e and 7 you'd expect it to be backwards compatible wouldn't you?
Screenshot_2023-11-30-14-19-24-79_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

I see a reset with candies suggestion coming. Part of the user experience.

Both my Pixel 7 and Pixel 8 Pro connect via ax (and 160 MHz) to my AX88U Pro running 3004.388.4. I realize not apples to apples but should confirm that the client devices are most likely not the issue.

Both my Pixel 7 and Pixel 8 Pro connect via ax (and 160 MHz) to my AX88U Pro running 3004.388.4. I realize not apples to apples but should confirm that the client devices are most likely not the issue.
exactly, my phone connects as wifi 6 on shopping mall/gym network where the signal is poorer but when I am standing next to my router it connects as wifi 5.
I guess I have to reset my router and see that fixes it or not.

That screenshot is not legible for me. Try uploading just the text/info part (not the blank areas).

I have exactly the same problem with the Asus Router RT-AX53U that I bought refurbished.
I've updated to the latest firmware, reset the router, used the standard settings, yet every device that I connect to the 5GHz band does not have WIFI6.
Smart Connect does not work for me either, all my devices connect to the 2.4GHz band. My devices are definitely capable of 5GHz WiFi 6; I have tested it with the AX23 router that I borrowed from a friend. Any updates?

all my devices connect to the 2.4GHz band

Disable Smart Connect, set manually Ch.6 on 2.4GHz at 20MHz Channel Bandwidth, set manually Ch.36 on 5GHz at 80MHz Channel Bandwidth, try again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!