What's new

RT-AX88U - WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Goned75

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I have some issue with my RT-AX88U. 1 computer in Wifi have some disconnected...

In log i see this :

Dec 16 14:24:28 WLCEVENTD: Deauth_ind XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Dec 16 14:24:28 hostapd: wl1.1: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Dec 16 14:24:28 WLCEVENTD: Auth XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Dec 16 14:24:28 WLCEVENTD: ReAssoc XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Dec 16 14:24:28 hostapd: wl1.1: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: associated
Dec 16 14:24:28 kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set
Dec 16 14:24:28 hostapd: wl1.1: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX RADIUS: starting accounting session xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dec 16 14:24:28 hostapd: wl1.1: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)

I'm using WPA2/WPA3 settings with latest stable Rmerlin FW.

Thanks for help

Don't use WPA2/WPA3.

Only use WPA2.

Why?

Patient: 'Doctor, when I raise my arm like this, my shoulder hurts. What should I do to stop the pain?'

Doctor: 'Don't raise your arm like that.'

Don't use WPA2/WPA3 mode settings. Your devices don't like it. ;)

Hi,

I have same errors, but I have been using simple WPA2-Personal from the start, on same AX88U.
Please, do you have any ideas what should I change?

Thank you,
amplatfus

Well, I guessed as best as I could. :(

What's surprising is that no one else has any suggestions here either. Is Asus looking at this issue as we speak? Hmmm...

I'd be remiss if I didn't ask if the routers have been fully reset and properly (minimally and manually) set up. Without the use of saved backup config files.

New M&M 2020

Fully Reset Router and Network

Well, I guessed as best as I could. :(

What's surprising is that no one else has any suggestions here either. Is Asus looking at this issue as we speak? Hmmm...

I'd be remiss if I didn't ask if the routers have been fully reset and properly (minimally and manually) set up. Without the use of saved backup config files.

New M&M 2020

Fully Reset Router and Network

Is a fresh install - i have just receive the router last week - so reset with asus fw - install merlin - reset again - and config my own settings (not restore backup from my last router AC3100)

Way out guess....
Do you have protected management frames enabled?

Yes - Capable
and Wifi agile enable too

And disable Wi-Fi Agile too.

Got same errors here on my AX86U's, both brand new, straight out of the box to Merlin 386.2 and used suggested method, reset stock, install merlin, reset, then configure from scratch. Not using AiMesh either. Got Agile and Management frames disabled also.

They're normal debug messages, they don't indicate there's a problem. The most recent stock firmware has turned off most of these sorts of debug messages (thank g0d).