What's new

RT-AX89X 3.0.0.4.386.22790 observations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nowhere else I'd rather be. :)

I have this router and comes with this firmware out of the box.
The first units selling in amazon spain.

I onlye have 2 problems:
- If I setup a lot of ips in static dhcp (55 aprox) in some point of the apply procedure, i lost the connection with the web interface. all works, ssh works, but the web access not either http or https. I dont understand why but it force to me a hard reset and setup again.
- the letsencrypt certificate not works, i open a ticket with asus because in others routers a newer firmware solves this issue.

All Asus models have been suffering from the reboots, it's not just the 89x. We are all hoping that this new firmware fixes the issue and are of course hoping for a quick roll out to all models.
I've been experiencing the frequent reboots on an Asus AC88U running Merlin 386.1 beta 4. I have an AI Mesh node using an ASUS AC68u running the same firmware. I did a hard reset and set up the settings from scratch on both routers and today installed fans thinking maybe it was a heat issue, but had another reboot within a couple of hours after that. I've been searching through the forum to see if others are having a similar problem, but this post is all I've been able to find acknowledging the issue. Is there another thread you can point me to where this issue is being discussed? Are there any current workarounds to the issue? I was shopping for a router upgrade earlier today and considering the AX88 or AX89, and glad I saw this thread because it sounds like it's not any better on those devices and would have been incredibly frustrating to purchase a new router only to have similar issues!

I had an issue late last week where the fan was getting louder, when I checked the GUI it showed the router temp at around 52 and nice and steady over 20mins and the GUI showed the fan was running up and down in speeds, at this point it took a while but when I put the fan on medium, the noise began going away over a couple of hours.
6 days later no issues with router fan, wanted to be sure the problem is sorted before posting, also to point out the router is on 24/7

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!