What's new

RT-AX89X Reset?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wow that is a lot. Did you hook all that up yourself? Since you have the 10G Base-t hooked up if I were to connect the Verizon ONT data port and set the router to Base-T should that work? I mean do I need anything else?

Are you using Merlin on the AC5300? Maybe if the router works out Merlin will fix the firmware for the GX89X. :) Even if the router is on a different platform.

One of the good thing with having the Zen and GX89X in a mesh it that the router/nodes are locked on the 5G/2 AX wifi6 which leaves 2.4/5G AC for the clients. I wonder if the AX wifi6 can have a speed greater 300Mb wireless which I think is the max speed for wireless. (I could be wrong)

Wow that is a lot. Did you hook all that up yourself? Since you have the 10G Base-t hooked up if I were to connect the Verizon ONT data port and set the router to Base-T should that work? I mean do I need anything else?

Are you using Merlin on the AC5300? Maybe if the router works out Merlin will fix the firmware for the GX89X. :) Even if the router is on a different platform.

One of the good thing with having the Zen and GX89X in a mesh it that the router/nodes are locked on the 5G/2 AX wifi6 which leaves 2.4/5G AC for the clients. I wonder if the AX wifi6 can have a speed greater 300Mb wireless which I think is the max speed for wireless. (I could be wrong)
Yup I am trying to enable the best intranet that allows fast connections for local backups and scanning documents.

I am using stock ASUS firmware On both units, I might consider Merlin firmware when the RT AX89X is supported.

there is an option in the ”WAN” Section, “DUAL WAN“ that appears to enable the 10G port as the primary wan Connection, with an option to enable load balancing or failover configuration
On the internet connection page there is also an option to support link aggregation.

I have not changed the default settings as the max rate on my Spectrum Gig plan is 940Mbps, and using the 10G port with my modem would only operate at 1Gbps as that is the spec of the modem Lan port.

IF the Verizon ONT data port supports faster rates running a 10G port might show some benefit, but I have no means to test that With my ISP modem

Yup I am trying to enable the best intranet that allows fast connections for local backups and scanning documents.

I am using stock ASUS firmware On both units, I might consider Merlin firmware when the RT AX89X is supported.

there is an option in the ”WAN” Section, “DUAL WAN“ that appears to enable the 10G port as the primary wan Connection, with an option to enable load balancing or failover configuration
On the internet connection page there is also an option to support link aggregation.

I have not changed the default settings as the max rate on my Spectrum Gig plan is 940Mbps, and using the 10G port with my modem would only operate at 1Gbps as that is the spec of the modem Lan port.

IF the Verizon ONT data port supports faster rates running a 10G port might show some benefit, but I have no means to test that With my ISP modem
Thank you very much for your response and information.
It certainly looks like you are well on your way to your goal.
I'm going to try the Base-T port and see what happens.
Again thank you for your help :)

Last edited: