What's new

RT-AX89X - what is the "correct" price?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lagrave

Regular Contributor
In Amazon US the price is $411(originally $450) but in German Amazon it cost €695 (≈ $825) - almost exactly twice as much. In both cases it is sold directly by Asus. In UK Amazon it is not even available (at least I can't find it), nor is it available in the Asus Store.

Why is this? Delivery problems? Wasn't it released a year ago or so? What is the MSRP in EU?

The German seller is not Asus, it's a seller called Lamos4u.

Have you not noticed that there has been a world wide shortage of all electronic products for quite some time.
When I looked it was Asus but now the price is down to €542.

Yes, but for a product that was released a year ago that usually doesn't affect the price that much.

In Amazon US the price is $411(originally $450) but in German Amazon it cost €695 (≈ $825) - almost exactly twice as much. In both cases it is sold directly by Asus. In UK Amazon it is not even available (at least I can't find it), nor is it available in the Asus Store.

Why is this? Delivery problems? Wasn't it released a year ago or so? What is the MSRP in EU?
I just checked on Amazon US and you are only partially right - 411.77 USD plus 142,26 USD shipping and import fees, so the difference is not that large.
And @ColinTaylor is right, there is a shortage of electronic goods and prices are going crazy.

I just checked on Amazon US and you are only partially right - 411.77 USD plus 142,26 USD shipping and import fees, so the difference is not that large.
And @ColinTaylor is right, there is a shortage of electronic goods and prices are going crazy.
Isn't that because you are not in the US? I also got a similar amount of fees but I am in EU.

Isn't that because you are not in the US? I also got a similar amount of fees but I am in EU.
Exactly, I'm in the EU as well - that's why it added the shipping and import charges.
So for us, the Amazon price is 554,03 USD. Still some 100 USD or so less than the "European" price, but American prices usually seem to be favourable.
Although this could be due to some extent to the fact that in the EU we have to get a two year guarantee at minimum, it's statutory, whereas in the US it's one-year, if I understand correctly.