What's new

RT-AX89X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

One question more, when i connected another decoder via wifi not working, otherwise when i connect via ethernet works,

do you know what happens? I have IGMP Snooping enabled in the "professional tab" but it doesn't work.

In merlin firmware of ax88u works perfectly via wifi, with in this router not.

Greetings,

Someone with experience with this model please advise...
I am going to get a 10Gbe fiber internet soon, the ONT they will provide will probably be Zyxel AX7501-80 which as far as I can see has SFP port for my own router.
The AX89X's SFP port can be repurposed to work as 10Gbe WAN and I can use the RJ45 10Gbe port as a connection to my NAS and maybe 2x1Gbe to my PC with aggregation. Is this correct?
Thanks for the help.

Greetings,

I am going to get a 10Gbe fiber internet soon, the ONT they will provide will probably be Zyxel AX7501-80 which as far as I can see has SFP port for my own router.
The AX89X's SFP port can be repurposed to work as 10Gbe WAN and I can use the RJ45 10Gbe port as a connection to my NAS and maybe 2x1Gbe to my PC with aggregation. Is this correct?
Thanks for the help.
Yes you can

Greetings,

Thanks for the help.
Sorry, incomplete answer. The router can do lan aggregation. Ports 1 and 2 in the LAN

Sorry, incomplete answer. The router can do lan aggregation. Ports 1 and 2 in the LAN
Thanks, I just realized even my current AC88U can do link aggregation on those ports and its working flawlessly, I don't expect it to be worse on the AX89X (which I hopefully will get in 3 days).

Another error in this firmware beta, with connect a hard disk at anyone usb port, the wifi de 2,4ghz disconnect and other errors.

Anyone knows configure the iptv in aimesh where connect a decoder in another room?. I probe all and not function (Activating IGMP Snooping, DMZ at ip decoder it not works).

Thanks, I just realized even my current AC88U can do link aggregation on those ports and its working flawlessly, I don't expect it to be worse on the AX89X (which I hopefully will get in 3 days).
How much are you gonna pay for 10gb of speed?

I live in mexico and residential internet can go up to 1gbps and it's around 80 usd per month.

I can't imagine 10gb

How much are you gonna pay for 10gb of speed?

I live in mexico and residential internet can go up to 1gbps and it's around 80 usd per month.

I can't imagine 10gb

Right now I have 1Gbit and it's around $9/mo , 2.5Gbit and 10Gbit will come in december for $13/mo and $16/mo. Internet is pretty cheap in Hungary, but you have beaches to wait until downloads complete :) But look at this, someone already tested this, isn't it beautiful:

10g_speedtest.PNG

Last edited:
Good morning, I bought the ax89x router, and I am desperate, the asus firmware is a horror, a lot of bugs, and it does not go with IPTV correctly, in short a horror. I know it's complicated, but if it would be possible for the creator of the merlin firmware to give it a spin to accept routers with qualcomm it would be wonderful, I would donate whatever it takes: P.

Do you think it is possible that I will support it in the near future?

Cheers
+1

Another error in this firmware beta, with connect a hard disk at anyone usb port, the wifi de 2,4ghz disconnect and other errors.

Anyone knows configure the iptv in aimesh where connect a decoder in another room?. I probe all and not function (Activating IGMP Snooping, DMZ at ip decoder it not works).
I posted my current configuration in another thread. Not sure if that will help you any, but there may be something to work with (hopefully).

My wireless IPTV clients all use a different AP, and I only use my AX89X's wireless for 2.4GHz IoT devices, so I probably can't provide much advice for your setup.

Miraclee!!!!!, its alive, the creature is liveeeee!!!!!. :):):):):):):):):):)

Sorry for the effusiveness, the only way i ever got it to work is this:

1) RT-AX89X (main router) con IGMP Snooping on tab "professional" in wifi 5G, and LAN-IPTV (Movistar Triple VLAN) selected with ips and gateway configured. (version firmware asus 45140 beta)
2) RT-AX88U (Aimesh node) connected at RT-AX89X with ethernet cable. (version last firmware asus 45898)
3) RT-AX58U (Aimesh node) connected via wifi 5g at RT-AX88U (this router in the option of aimesh connection, obliged connected at RT-AX88U with main node). (version firmware 386.3-2 Asus Merlin)
4) Decoder of movistar connected via wifi 5G at RT-AX58U node. It works!!!!! Function properly.

I saw the decoder of the living room perfectly (connected via cable ethernet) and decoder of bedroom, connected via wifi 5g at aimesh node.

The joke is clear that it is that the RT-AX58U is with the firwmare merlin and it is clear that in this firmware there is some configuration that makes it work, I do not see another explanation.

Honestly it works but I don't know why, for sure it is because the aimesh node RT-AX88U already has the necessary configuration that comes from the ethernet and through Wi-Fi between nodes they can pass it ... I suppose it will influence the merlin firmware of the RT-AX58U, but no idea .... tomorrow I will try with official firmware from asus to see if it also goes ....

See you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Do you guys think it is safe to turn off the FAN completely in a chill room? (23 celsius)
It is really annoying...

Do you guys think it is safe to turn off the FAN completely in a chill room? (23 celsius)
It is really annoying...
How loud are the fans? My AX89X is in my office, and I’m utilizing every single port with the fans set to auto. The fans are audible, but only barely and if I have nothing else running in the room.

How loud are the fans? My AX89X is in my office, and I’m utilizing every single port with the fans set to auto. The fans are audible, but only barely and if I have nothing else running in the room.
It was loud enough to disturb me while sleeping... Doesn't matter anymore, I returned the device and will wait for the TP-Link AX206 to be released (will use the ONT until then), the AX89X had so many bugs besides the fan I was fed up with it after 2 days...

Hmm. Can’t say I feel the same the same, but you gotta do what’s right for you. The stability of the AX89X has been fine for me for the most part since day one over a year ago, minus a fw release or two that either forced me to the previous version or to a beta

It was loud enough to disturb me while sleeping... Doesn't matter anymore, I returned the device and will wait for the TP-Link AX206 to be released (will use the ONT until then), the AX89X had so many bugs besides the fan I was fed up with it after 2 days...
If you think asus is full of bugs and holes you have never experienced TP Link. I have another house with TP link routers and it's been 2 years since they promised Mesh support for the routers... hope is last to die.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!