RT-AX89X

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

bwing

New Around Here
Good morning, I bought the ax89x router, and I am desperate, the asus firmware is a horror, a lot of bugs, and it does not go with IPTV correctly, in short a horror. I know it's complicated, but if it would be possible for the creator of the merlin firmware to give it a spin to accept routers with qualcomm it would be wonderful, I would donate whatever it takes: P.

Do you think it is possible that I will support it in the near future?

Cheers

AndreiV

Very Senior Member
Last edited:

bwing

New Around Here
OK, sorry for the inconvenience, thx for your post, then if asus dont correct this firmware, this router is dead.

bwing

New Around Here
I update: after several days without answering the asus technical service, today I speak with an agent and he tells me that the technical service will answer me, it turns out that I look at the incidents that I had open and they have closed them and of course they have not answered me at all They have simply told me that if I have another problem to contact them again.
This is laughable, € 400 for router and it is a very expensive paperweight, how sad.

Luc Duguay

New Around Here
The only firmware version where IPTV works for me is 3.0.0.1.386_22790. Recent ones have broken IGMP, therefore I get the usual 10 seconds of unicast packets for IPTV (Bell Canada), when it switches to multicast, the end result is Loss of sound & image.
I did not try calling ASUS, as they are mostly clueless with this type of issues.

1633270426585.png

chA

New Around Here
The only firmware version where IPTV works for me is 3.0.0.1.386_22790. Recent ones have broken IGMP, therefore I get the usual 10 seconds of unicast packets for IPTV (Bell Canada), when it switches to multicast, the end result is Loss of sound & image.
I did not try calling ASUS, as they are mostly clueless with this type of issues.
I've had IPTV success since installing the 9.0.0.4.386_45140 beta build. With release 45130 I experienced the exact same behavior as you. Only difference in my IPTV setup is I have 'Enable Fast Leave' enabled.

Last edited:

chA

New Around Here
Can you give me this beta build?.
It's already posted elsewhere on here:

In my experience, emailing Asus support (Mark Le seems to be quite diligent) results in good results if the issue is already somewhat known about and being worked on.

bwing

New Around Here
With this firmware the IPTV does not work correctly, the channels are displayed correctly and it works without problems, but when you try to stop the live show or go to the beginning of a program that is being broadcast or advance or delay the live show, it says that there has been an error and it does not. Communicated to asus support, to see what they answer.

This only happens with the channels that are broadcasting now, if you are looking for a program that was broadcast before it works perfectly. Strange thing

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!