What's new

RT-AX92U AI Mesh node ethernet not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dan_da_man

New Around Here
Hi all,

I recently purchased and set-up a pair of RT-AX92Us using the AI mesh configuration. The AIMesh node is currently using ethernet backhaul, and the wifi is functioning on it, however, the LAN is not. I have tried multiple different ethernet cables in case those were the issue, with no success. The node does not have the LAN light lit up and I cant seem to find anything in the setting to turn on/off the LAN on the node.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I recently purchased and set-up a pair of RT-AX92Us using the AI mesh configuration. The AIMesh node is currently using ethernet backhaul, and the wifi is functioning on it, however, the LAN is not. I have tried multiple different ethernet cables in case those were the issue, with no success. The node does not have the LAN light lit up and I cant seem to find anything in the setting to turn on/off the LAN on the node.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks in advance!

It should just work.

How I would commission the network:
o install current firmware
o Hard Reset the firmware
o configure the router from scratch
o search/add the reset node from the router webUI
o wire node WAN to router LAN

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear logs)

If LAN LEDs and ports do not respond, maybe there is a hardware fault.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!