What's new

RT-AX92u connection down to 100mbps.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crashburn162

Occasional Visitor
So,

This started awhile ago I think it was when I updated to the latest firmware Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_43084 but I am not sure. Everything else is stable the problem is that the router limits the internet connection to 100mbps and the only way to get back to 1000mbps is to reset the router. The pc connected to the router shows 1000mbps but the wan port drops down to 100mbps . Has anyone experienced this before? I've also tried a new cable when the router is in this condition it doesn't change anything so it's not the cable.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    374.6 KB · Views: 83
The latest firmware for that router is 3.0.0.4.386_44985 , maybe try upgrading and reset before trying anything else.

AiMesh router
RT-AX92UCurrent Version : 3.0.0.4.386_44985-gd27c0a3
Manual firmware update : Upload
The latest version : The router's current firmware is the latest version.

Last edited:
The latest firmware for that router is 3.0.0.4.386_44985 , maybe try upgrading and reset before trying anything else.
This firmware was removed from almost all the asus sites I am guessing it has something wrong. It doesn't appear on asus global or local site and the inside firmware updated also doesn't detect it. I've done all the upgrades after a reset.

UPDATE:

After checking the update feature in the asus I got a strange firmware Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_44695 . Will test with that and see how it goes.

Last edited:
I know this is going to sound stupid, but it could be your cable. It has happened to me in the past that Ethernet cables that were working just fine yesterday, all of a sudden slows down to 100Mbps or don't work at all. Not quite sure why, but I've had to replace a few over the years.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but it could be your cable. It has happened to me in the past that Ethernet cables that were working just fine yesterday, all of a sudden slows down to 100Mbps or don't work at all. Not quite sure why, but I've had to replace a few over the years.
As I said earlier I've tried a different cable when this happens doesn't help. So far with the new firmware which can't be found anywhere it updated to it from the router 3.0.0.4.386_44695 . Everything is fine.

100mb/s is the speed of 2.4ghz.

Without knowing your setup, it could be 2 things

1) your device is connecting to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz (out of range). Consider allowing clients to use the WiFi 6 AX band. It has a greater range than even the 2.4ghz band. If you have 1gb internet, you really should be setup like this so that your clients get the full 1gb/s over WiFi.

2) the node backhaul is connected via 2.4ghz. Experiment by repositioning the node until it gets a better signal. Measure the RSSI using the app. Ideal level would be -50db to -65db

Bottom line. The AX92u should be giving you 950mb/s over WiFi. If not, you have configuration issues and should look into it.

Unfortunately, this is a recurring theme with this router. It comes out of the box setup for AC 2x2 access. I did make an AX92u tweak guide which I will update over the next few days and post here to help other users get 1gb/s.

100mb/s is the speed of 2.4ghz.

Without knowing your setup, it could be 2 things

1) your device is connecting to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz (out of range). Consider allowing clients to use the WiFi 6 AX band. It has a greater range than even the 2.4ghz band. If you have 1gb internet, you really should be setup like this so that your clients get the full 1gb/s over WiFi.

2) the node backhaul is connected via 2.4ghz. Experiment by repositioning the node until it gets a better signal. Measure the RSSI using the app. Ideal level would be -50db to -65db

Bottom line. The AX92u should be giving you 950mb/s over WiFi. If not, you have configuration issues and should look into it.

Unfortunately, this is a recurring theme with this router. It comes out of the box setup for AC 2x2 access. I did make an AX92u tweak guide which I will update over the next few days and post here to help other users get 1gb/s.

As I would appreciate a wifi tweak guide. The problem was with the port of the WAN going from 1000mbps to 100mbps. I am using 2 AX92u in AI Mesh wired and 1 AX55u wireless in AI Mesh also and with my laptop which uses intel AX200 card I am getting 650mbps on 5.0ghz and 1080 on 160mhz channel . So wifi is fine so far I've changed 2 things the firmware and removed the auto restart function since after tracing some logs the problem starts to happen few hours after the schedule restart is set, so I am guessing that might be the problem not the firmware.

As I would appreciate a wifi tweak guide. The problem was with the port of the WAN going from 1000mbps to 100mbps. I am using 2 AX92u in AI Mesh wired and 1 AX55u wireless in AI Mesh also and with my laptop which uses intel AX200 card I am getting 650mbps on 5.0ghz and 1080 on 160mhz channel . So wifi is fine so far I've changed 2 things the firmware and removed the auto restart function since after tracing some logs the problem starts to happen few hours after the schedule restart is set, so I am guessing that might be the problem not the firmware.
Glad you sorted it. If you are getting 1080mb/s, it sounds like you are already setup. The main tweak is to enable client access to the AX band and set it to AX only. My clients get around 950 mb/s.

Well It happened again today the internet went back to 100mbps did try another cable when it happened but it didn't help. After restarting the router speeds are back to 1000mbps . Guess I will go back to 40451 it was very stable firmware for me . If anyone has other suggestions I am open to them.

Update:
Well as it turns out port 4 and WAN port of the router had some dust built up inside don't know how it happened but it interfered with the connection after cleaning the router with a compressor everything has been running smoothly for the past week. So If anyone gets that clean the router I guess. :) Thanks for all the replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!