What's new

RT-AX92U on Shaw (Canada) Blue Curve Modem, unable to use bridge mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Check that you're running the latest firmware on both your XB6 and your AX92u. If you are running the latest firmware, you may try contacting Shaw again. They may be able to troubleshoot it. There's a thread at Shaw about this issue.

Solved: Bluecurve modem will not assign IP to any third pa... - Shaw Support
I did. Both up to date.

The problem with contacting Shaw is that everything looks fine on their end. As well, it’s working fine with a different router as the bridged device, plus I’m actually being assigned an IP from Shaw, the 70. Address, this person wasn’t getting anything anything.

As for the post I actually came across that one previously and got excited before I saw the fact that all of the modems have been updated and the post date was almost a year ago. It’s something I brought up when troubleshooting with Shaw and they confirmed everything is updated. I even tried again unplugging to get the xb6 to “forget” everything to no avail.

I did. Both up to date.

The problem with contacting Shaw is that everything looks fine on their end. As well, it’s working fine with a different router as the bridged device, plus I’m actually being assigned an IP from Shaw, the 70. Address, this person wasn’t getting anything anything.

As for the post I actually came across that one previously and got excited before I saw the fact that all of the modems have been updated and the post date was almost a year ago. It’s something I brought up when troubleshooting with Shaw and they confirmed everything is updated. I even tried again unplugging to get the xb6 to “forget” everything to no avail.

If you asked Shaw about releasing the MAC address and if they already did that --

Here are some additional troubleshooting suggestions:

Do you have the firewall set up on your XB6? If so, disable it.
AI Protection? Turn it off for now.
Parental Control? Turn it off for now.
QOS on AX92u? Turn it off for now.
Open NAT? Disable port forwarding .
Change DHCP query frequency to "normal"
Have you tried google's DNS server? 8.8.8.8 rather than Shaw's?

If you asked Shaw about releasing the MAC address and if they already did that --

Here are some additional troubleshooting suggestions:

Do you have the firewall set up on your XB6? If so, disable it.
AI Protection? Turn it off for now.
Parental Control? Turn it off for now.
QOS on AX92u? Turn it off for now.
Open NAT? Disable port forwarding .
Change DHCP query frequency to "normal"
Have you tried google's DNS server? 8.8.8.8 rather than Shaw's?
Crap! I have not called about the MAC address! I knew there was something I was missing! I will do that this weekend. You’re a life saver. Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!