What's new

Release RT-AX92U Version 3.0.0.4.386.43084 released 6/3/21

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TXbreees

Occasional Visitor
Just did a dirty upgrade from the latest beta. Hoping for some improved stability.

Release notes:

1.Fixed the FragAttack vulnerability.
2.Fixed DoS vulnerability. Thanks for Tsinghua University NISL's contribution.
3.Improved system stability.
4.Fixed GUI bugs.
5.Security Fixed: CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686

Experiencing major stability issues with this release. Going to do a clean firmware flash ASAP. Only one router at my house.

Experiencing major stability issues aswell. When I wake up the 2 nodes dont have connection to the internet... Which makes me need to reboot the systeem...

Last edited:
Just upgraded the Aimesh node, nothing special noted.

These are my steps:
1. reboot the node, such that I would not connect to it
2. upload firmware manually
3. remove the node, and hard reset the node once more
4. add the node

Stable here.
Been seeing about 25% better Speedtest as well.
No Smart Connect, Single node, 5GHz2 AX only.

I'd be interested to see how those who performed clean updates get on with this.

It would be bad news if this firmware turns out to be a dud again. Asus should completely dump any firmware that is unusable.

It's worrying, because a notification is sent via the admin panel and the router performs a dirty update by default.

Did an upgrade using the ASUS app from the previous official release to this one. No issues so far.

A bit disappointed to see no new features, last firmware was 4 months ago. Weren't we supposed to get 802.11k/v/r stuff by now?

Upgraded via phone app and still have issues where ram usage is between 92 to 95%, constantly. Does anyone else have this issue?

Well, think I'll skip this one ... My setup works on 712 (several bugs and flaws now and then) acceptable (not good ! but acceptable). Website offered a beta version as upgrade for a long time (what ?! a beta ??? come on please, thats a shame, using us as your testteam) and now reading about this problems with this new version ... Hope to read better feedback on future versions, such that I might consider upgrading ... Thanks for testing and your comments !

Upgraded via phone app and still have issues where ram usage is between 92 to 95%, constantly. Does anyone else have this issue?
I'd think that RAM usage is normal. The AX92u doesn't have a lot of RAM so the system probably allocates the rest as cache memory.

Did an upgrade using the ASUS app from the previous official release to this one. No issues so far.

A bit disappointed to see no new features, last firmware was 4 months ago. Weren't we supposed to get 802.11k/v/r stuff by now?
K/v/r would be really nice. To be honest, I probably won't upgrade now until we are given a new feature. Even then, I'd wait one iteration after that.

Despite not upgrading, what's interesting about this new firmware is it's an update to the beta. Hopefully that means it's stable, hence going official.

So far it's been stable after a WPS hard reset. Only issue I have is that it randomly won't go above 1.0 GBPS until I manually reboot it, then I get 2.4 GBPS.

Did a dirty upgrade from ax92u 9.0.0.4.386_41994 - working better than ever immediately after simple reboot. Memory usage and roaming are perfect, speed is great! Will report back if any problems show up.

So far it's been stable after a WPS hard reset. Only issue I have is that it randomly won't go above 1.0 GBPS until I manually reboot it, then I get 2.4 GBPS.
That kind of worries me. My back haul connects at 2.5g and we get a lot of users copying huge files over the LAN. STA's connect between 1.7b- 2.5g

What's the RSSI of your back haul? Mine is around-55db

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!