What's new

Release RT-AX92U Version 3.0.0.4.386.43084 released 6/3/21

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I agree with this comment. Because there are so many parameters that need to be plugged in to make them the best they can be...

I really would like to know though if this newest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44985 is stable and running well.

I cringe at the idea of upgrading my Home system because when i originally purchased these units a year ago, i was all kinds of UNSTABLE, and constantly dropping the 2.4ghz.

I worked extensively with ASUS over a two week process (mainly because i had to hurry and get it stable because i had another network i was planning on setting up and needed it to be perfect). I had a rep write a BETA firmware for me specifically and was given several parameters to make the units connection with each other stable. Besides an occasional need to reboot the unit (which has only happened about 5 times total in the past year), it has been solid, therefore my hesitation to touch anything!

Current firmware BETA on my AX92U system (custom built for me, but I'm sure they released it to others because it worked!): 9.0.0.4_384_9831

The AX92U runs as a node on my network using Router: GT-AX11000. This unit needed to match the same settings as well and had a similar update to the firmware yet, not a BETA (it uses: Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_9566)

Why then would i want to upgrade? Because I max out on the 5G wifi at 460 Mbps... sure would like go get closer to my 1 gig bandwidth.

Anyway, I'll download, but not install yet, waiting for more response on the current firmware to see if i'll risk it. Especially since i have TWO other networks using these units now that could use an update but i want them to be stable.
Router Settings Used along with the BETA firmware:

General Current Settings on AX-11000 and AX92U

Wifi 2.4: set to N Only.
40 MHz only
Control Channel: 40 MHz

Wifi 5G-1: set to N/AC/AX mixed
Enable: AX WiFi 6 mode
Channel Bandwidth: 80 MHz (check box for Enable 160 MHz
Control Channel: Auto
Protected Management Frames: Disable

Wifi 5G-2: set to N/AC/AX mixed
Enable: AX WiFi 6 Mode
Channel Bandwidth: 160 MHz (check box for Enable 160 MHz)
Control Channel: Auto
Protected management Frames: Disable

Professional Settings:
Wifi 2.4:
Multi-User MIMO: Disable
Explicit Beamforming: Disable
Universal Beamforming: Disable

Wifi 5-1:
802.11ax/ac beamforming: Enable
Universal Beamforming: Disable

Wifi 5-2:
802.11ax/ac beamforming: Enable
Universal Beamforming: Enable

I agree with this comment. Because there are so many parameters that need to be plugged in to make them the best they can be...

I really would like to know though if this newest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44985 is stable and running well.

I cringe at the idea of upgrading my Home system because when i originally purchased these units a year ago, i was all kinds of UNSTABLE, and constantly dropping the 2.4ghz.

I worked extensively with ASUS over a two week process (mainly because i had to hurry and get it stable because i had another network i was planning on setting up and needed it to be perfect). I had a rep write a BETA firmware for me specifically and was given several parameters to make the units connection with each other stable. Besides an occasional need to reboot the unit (which has only happened about 5 times total in the past year), it has been solid, therefore my hesitation to touch anything!

Current firmware BETA on my AX92U system (custom built for me, but I'm sure they released it to others because it worked!): 9.0.0.4_384_9831

The AX92U runs as a node on my network using Router: GT-AX11000. This unit needed to match the same settings as well and had a similar update to the firmware yet, not a BETA (it uses: Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_9566)

Why then would i want to upgrade? Because I max out on the 5G wifi at 460 Mbps... sure would like go get closer to my 1 gig bandwidth.

Anyway, I'll download, but not install yet, waiting for more response on the current firmware to see if i'll risk it. Especially since i have TWO other networks using these units now that could use an update but i want them to be stable.

Stable for last 4 days for me no issues whatsoever. I did dirty upgrade with no factory reset afterwards.
I also changed 2.4ghz channel bandwidth to use 20 ghz only, I researched setting it to 20/40 makes it prone to signal interference with no specific gains speed.
The Firmware description says it fixes AIMESH issue which it does at least in my case. I have two RT-AX92u - Router / node

@motch6, create a backup of your main router's settings. Make sure you save this with the firmware you're running now.

Don't hesitate to upgrade to one year newer firmware. :)

If you have issues, you'll always have the backups you made to get back to where you are now.

I am using 3.0.0.4.386.44985 for about 36 hours and it is all good.. seems to be much more stable (except still having the same guest network bug).
I did full hard reset on both main and node after upgrade.

The AX92u is more than capable of giving you 900 - 950mbps over WiFi and it has a really good range. Click unhide AX band in the 5g2 settings. You will also need to setup a 160mhz wide channel.

Running with 3.0.0.4.386.44985 with no issues for last 7 days! I believe it is safe to say that AIMESH issue is fixed now

Running with 3.0.0.4.386.44985 with no issues for last 7 days! I believe it is safe to say that AIMESH issue is fixed now
Look... back to firmware .43084

Hmm... yes I see its not showing anymore now in Asus website. Although there was a signature update this morning. The latest is still 3.0.0.4.386.44985 on my Admin page of router.

Happy to report no issues so far.. almost 8 days now

1630677544600.png

new version on the website from ASUS. 3.0.0.4.386.44695
- Fix 5GHz WiFi abnormal issue.
- Fix parental control abnormal issue with app. (Need to work with iOS v.1.0.0.6.46 Android 1.0.0.6.45 and later versions)

new version on the website from ASUS. 3.0.0.4.386.44695
- Fix 5GHz WiFi abnormal issue.
- Fix parental control abnormal issue with app. (Need to work with iOS v.1.0.0.6.46 Android 1.0.0.6.45 and later versions)
do not see that from US. also cannot understand Asus numbering 3.0.0.4.386.44695 since they released 3.0.0.4.386.44985 already earlier

do not see that from US. also cannot understand Asus numbering 3.0.0.4.386.44695 since they released 3.0.0.4.386.44985 already earlier
The firmware 3.0.0.4.386.44695 now shows up from US -> ASUS website but I cannot update to this as I am already at higher 3.0.0.4.386.44985 firmware released - Aug 26. My Admin page of router says I am having the latest one.

I am still OK as 3.0.0.4.386.44985 is running well for me with no issues. I still could not understand why they numbered latest firmware to lower number from 3.0.0.4.386.44985. 3.0.0.4.386.44985 is no where to be found !!!!

I do not want to update to 3.0.0.4.386.44695 manually as I am afraid the AIMESH Issue will come back. I think will skip this 3.0.0.4.386.44695

I think Asus found some serious issue with 3.0.0.4.386.44985 and decided it best to remove the build from circulation and released a good build with most of the fixes (3.0.0.4.386.44695). Guessing that they did not mention anything about AiMesh in the re-released, might have some problem with it

The lessons should have been learnt by now. Wait at least 3 months after release before updating your firmware. It's all beta, if it wasn't, they wouldn't keep back tracking and deleting releases.

The "proven" build is 41712, the rest are just tests for now.

No issues with 3.0.0.4.386.44985 so far.. Also AIMESH works flawlessly too. I am Ok to keep 3.0.0.4.386.44985 until next stable version emerges

Some news regarding the latest firmware...

Hi

We have received some feedback regarding WiFi connection reliability under some conditions, and have pulled 3.0.0.4.386.44985.

New version is incoming.

For the meantime, I will suggest to rollback to the current stable build, 3.0.0.4.386_43084 for optimal result.

regards,

Jack Cheng, ASUS Australia

Some news regarding the latest firmware...

Hi

We have received some feedback regarding WiFi connection reliability under some conditions, and have pulled 3.0.0.4.386.44985.

New version is incoming.

For the meantime, I will suggest to rollback to the current stable build, 3.0.0.4.386_43084 for optimal result.

regards,

Jack Cheng, ASUS Australia
Thanks, good to hear some official clarification to fill the void!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!