What's new

RT-AX92U w/ RT-AX88U as node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

just in case, do you have smart connect on?

being capped @ 100Mbps ish sounds like it's using 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz

if anything, turn off smart connect and set the ssid differently for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to test again. (might also need to reconfigure the mesh too)

Thanks for the reply...
I do not thave smart connect on...

and the channels are named independently

and I am using 5 ghz

Thanks for the reply...
I do not thave smart connect on...

and the channels are named independently

and I am using 5 ghz
have you tried the speedtest without mesh configured ?

Hi All-

I have set up our 2000 sf single level space in a suburban enviro with a RT-AX92U connected directly over CAT5e to the fiOS ONT & have a RT-AX88U set as a node in mesh. I have reserved the 5GHz 2 as a dedicated Backhaul.... (I do not have the ability to have a backhaul over ethernet...Id have to share a Cat5E cable to do this, and therefore lose my Gigabit ethernet capabilities)

My ISP is providing 500Mbps max U/D Im currently using settings that provide a stable WIFI environment but I am getting less than desired performance. 104mbps U / 89 mbps D...

Any insight is appreciated...

Thanks

go into settings and make sure OFDMA and MU-MIMO are selected. Mine were disabled and I wasn’t getting the speeds I was looking for until I enabled it.

go into settings and make sure OFDMA and MU-MIMO are selected. Mine were disabled and I wasn’t getting the speeds I was looking for until I enabled it.

thanks everyone!....im now reconfigured and up n running merlin on my AX88U as my router and the AX92U as my node
I moved the 88U to the center of our home and Im getting 450-490 D and 250-280 U in all rooms.... not sure why my uploads are slow? but we are all much happier these days

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!