What's new

RT-N56U + Padavan's = Network VPN tunnel?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

segordon

New Around Here
Hi there.

I have a flashed N56U, and an account with a VPN provider that provides me with options for OpenVPN, PPTP & IPSEC/L2TP.

I now have all clients on the network hosted by this router connect to the VPN service independently. I would like the router to tunnel all traffic through the VPN service, so that all connected clients benefit from the VPN.

I use IPoE with my ISP, if it matters. Firmware : Padavan's 3.0.2.6-018

Thanks in advance.

I know this may be too late (most likely it is), but this is for others mainly.

I found a solution for my own needs. I did not end up using a script. I use PIA (PrivateInternetAccess) for my VPN client through the Asus RT-N56U router with Padavan FW.

For the WAN settings, I changed the connection type to L2TP. This allowed me to enter my client information into the fields that popped up below. I tried PPTP, but the connection speed was significantly slower. . . Some people may dislike this, but it works for me.

I checked the log as the connection was established to make sure there were no issues with this method. Nothing seemed to arise.

I had attempted a connection through the "VPN Client" tab with no success. The connection was dropped over and over again by the VPN provider.

Using the L2TP connection, I have had a continuous connection with awesome speeds. Currently, I'm getting 50Mb/s, which is the max of my ISP.

Let me know if you have any questions!

******Edit******
In order to get this to work:

Log into your PIA account through their website. (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com)

At the bottom of the screen (after you log in) there should be a green box that says
PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password (Optional)

Click on: “Generate Username and Password”

Whatever Username and Password that gives you is what needs to put put into the router’s login information.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 4.18.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 4.18.28 PM.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 825
Last edited: