What's new

RT-N66U/AC56U/AC66U/AC68U/AC87U/_3.0.0.4_378_6065- Firmwares

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

5 ghz band not work properly. 6038 is better

On my AC87R, the 5Ghz band is working better with 6065 than it has with any other version. It's not a small difference either. My speed has doubled in many cases. I still don't know how overall stability on 5Ghz is yet. Haven't had any drops yet, which is nice. It's still too early to call though.

For the record, I'm following these steps when flashing, to try avoiding as many issues as possible:
  1. Unplug the router
  2. Hold the WPS button while plugging the router back in
  3. Once the power light starts flashing (about 10 seconds), release the WPS button
  4. When the router boots, connect to the ASUS wi-fi and flash the new firmware from this default state
  5. Once the router reboots after the update, hold the reset button until the power light flashes (about 5 seconds)
The router will do one last reboot and then I just configure it how I want.

It's likely overkill, but I figure that this method guarantees nothing is left lingering around from previous versions.

Not sure, probably RMerlin can help us with that. Don't know what hard comes in it.

Replied through TapaTalk

Should I load the RT-AC68U version on my RT-AC68P?

AC68P uses the exact same firmware as AC68U and AC68R, despite the slightly different CPU.

I'm still on 6038, but might found a bug.
I made the mistake to give the 2.4 and 5ghz SSIDs the same name. Might me a good idea to add a warning if that is setup by a user.?
Its not actually a mistake and its a common setup by many users ( and my current setup). The devices will switch seamlessly from one band to another and avoid drops. You can even combine it with the WIFI professional setting "roaming assistant" and force the switch if the signal level is below a certain threshold. Any WIFI analyser will be able to tell you which band you use or simply connect to ASUS router devices list.

Not tried on this firmware, but having same SSID for both 2.4 and 5GHz didn't work well with my windows/ android clients. What I wanted was for devices to use higher speed less congested 5GHz when close enough and only fall back to 2.4 when further away, but because 2.4 has more range I found that that devices always ended up on 2.4, and staying there.

No firmware for RT-AC3200 ?!?
No, sorry, I didn't receive one. I'll try to check if there's one

Replied through TapaTalk

Last edited:
thanks.

About this :

New feature
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.

is a new "Client Status" ? There is a screen ?

thanks.

About this :

is a new "Client Status" ? There is a screen ?

Yes, because you were suposed to be using _5134 not the betas

v6myIgk.png
q37JFS9.png

Last edited:
This version is having a critical bug - when I tried to enable parental control and restrict access time for my son's PC, it simply cannot save the settings. No matter if I enable the whole day or select a few hours of the week, the setting simply turn to off for the whole week.

I reset the router a few times and setup from scratch and is the same.

Any idea ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW, I'm on AC87U ... I'm not back to 5134 which is the last official release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rt-ac87 with the firmware 6065, the client wireless 5 GHz signal reception worsens after about 30 minutes. The problem does not exist with the firmware 6038

In my case i'm not facing issues at all with 5ghz, but I don't know why the drag and drop not always work... but I suspect is more a browser thing than a firm issue

Replied through TapaTalk

I'm having a problem where if I change something on one page I can't change settings on any other page.
for example if I change the lan address I can't enable port forwarding but I enable port forwarding first I can't change the lan address.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem where if I change the DHCP range and try to apply the new settings it says "Applying settings..." but never actually finishes.

edit: I just noticed that nothing on "Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp" wants to save
Re apply the firmware, power off and on when router says to do so after flashing, once it finishes booting up do a hard reset and configure it all manually (no cfg file).
It doesn't make sense reapplying the same firmware, but in many cases it helped me with those kind of issues

Replied through TapaTalk

I'm having a problem where if I change the DHCP range and try to apply the new settings it says "Applying settings..." but never actually finishes.
Re apply the firmware, power off and on when router says to do so after flashing, once it finishes booting up do a hard reset and configure it all manually (no cfg file).
It doesn't make sense reapplying the same firmware, but in many cases it helped me with those kind of issues

Replied through TapaTalk

Thanks for the fast respone, I'll reflash it and report back.

edit: It didn't work, I can still only change one setting. For now I'll go back to previous version and have a look at it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!