What's new

RT-N66U/AC56U/AC66U/AC68U/AC87U/_3.0.0.4_378_6065- Firmwares

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rt-ac87 with the firmware 6065, the client wireless 5 GHz signal reception worsens after about 30 minutes. The problem does not exist with the firmware 6038
Uuuhm, I cannot replicate your problem here. 5Ghz seems stable, so far.

Those of you who connect to 5ghz on AC87U, do you get 2ms or 0ms to the router?

Also, when I disable UPnP and I go to AiProtection, it still says UPnP isnt disabled there.

same problem ... it does not see all folders in DLNA on smart tv LG with fw 378.6065 :(

AhTItTJl.jpg

q8Q1En8l.jpg

Last edited:
Uuuhm, I cannot replicate your problem here. 5Ghz seems stable, so far.

5Ghz stable here; 6065 humming along nicely. On the other forum someone posted the download link direct from Asus, and also the change log.

5Ghz stable here; 6065 humming along nicely. On the other forum someone posted the download link direct from Asus, and also the change log.
just want to say the parental time scheduling and network tools are not working in AC68U

Thanks for the fast respone, I'll reflash it and report back.

edit: It didn't work, I can still only change one setting. For now I'll go back to previous version and have a look at it tomorrow.
I had the same problem. I could configure multiple settings, but it would always hang up on the second to last setting, or so, that I wanted to do. I can't count the number of hard resets I tried. I'll just wait until the official release.

Weird that firmware that clearly says "Japan only" (although I realise that this is not a technical limitation) is offered to all on the Asus Support site and my router has found it with its update check.

I'm back to version 4585 as the beta version 4850 gave me the same issues with saving settings, and the settings save again. Has anyone found a workaround for this or should I just wait for the next release and hope for the best?
On the plus side, I realy like the new interface (clients window, login, ...)

Since most people here wrote that this version is stable on the 5GHz band: is it stable even if beamforming is enabled?

Beamforming is still OFF by default. Therefore its safe to assume that beamforming on MAC related equipment (as this was the main issue) is still not stable.

6117 is not listed for the AC68U yet.

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.378.6152 Beta Version :
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_30043786152.zip

- Release note -

[Please note] This version changed the login authentication method. Please unplug the hard drive before updating firmware. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

Security fixes
- Enhanced the login authentication strength and fixed CSRF related issues.
- Forced administrator to change the default password "admin" in internet setup wizard.
- Added protection mechanism for GUI login brute-force attack for login username and password.
- Administrator can assign a specified IP to login GUI in Administration > System > "Allow only specified IP.

New feature
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.

Bug fixes
- Fixed the NAT loopback issue when connecting to LAN FTP server.
- Fixed UI issue when using SmartSync to sync with Dropbox.
- Fixed lease time and lease expires time
- Fixed ethernet connection fail in IPv6 when WAN hwaddr is cloned.
- Fixed smart sync error when synchronised with Samba and FTP
- Fixed JS error in AiProtection
- Fixed allowed and blocked incoming icmp firewall rules.
- Fixed dnsmasq buffer overflow issue.
- Fixed redirect issue when using https only.
- Fixed USB related issues when connected to USB hub.

3G/LTE dongle related fixes
- Fixed executed time issue when using auto-APN.
- Modified auto-APN nvram.
- Fixed lockpin function.
- Fixed send_sms function.
- Updated the SPN data from Android.
- Fixed web redirected fail after setting PPPoE in internet setup wizard.

Modifications
- Updated Adaptive QoS DPI engine.
- Reduced media server memory usage when scanning *.avi, *.mov, *.mp4, *.m4a, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.mj2.
- refined AiProtection alert mail format.

On RT-N66U 2.4 ghz band stopped broadcasting with less than 60 hours of uptime. New view list didn't show 2.4 ghz devices connected while wireless log showed them as connected and connection time was increasing.

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.378.6152 Beta Version :
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_30043786152.zip

- Release note -

[Please note] This version changed the login authentication method. Please unplug the hard drive before updating firmware. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

Security fixes
- Enhanced the login authentication strength and fixed CSRF related issues.
- Forced administrator to change the default password "admin" in internet setup wizard.
- Added protection mechanism for GUI login brute-force attack for login username and password.
- Administrator can assign a specified IP to login GUI in Administration > System > "Allow only specified IP.

New feature
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.

Bug fixes
- Fixed the NAT loopback issue when connecting to LAN FTP server.
- Fixed UI issue when using SmartSync to sync with Dropbox.
- Fixed lease time and lease expires time
- Fixed ethernet connection fail in IPv6 when WAN hwaddr is cloned.
- Fixed smart sync error when synchronised with Samba and FTP
- Fixed JS error in AiProtection
- Fixed allowed and blocked incoming icmp firewall rules.
- Fixed dnsmasq buffer overflow issue.
- Fixed redirect issue when using https only.
- Fixed USB related issues when connected to USB hub.

3G/LTE dongle related fixes
- Fixed executed time issue when using auto-APN.
- Modified auto-APN nvram.
- Fixed lockpin function.
- Fixed send_sms function.
- Updated the SPN data from Android.
- Fixed web redirected fail after setting PPPoE in internet setup wizard.

Modifications
- Updated Adaptive QoS DPI engine.
- Reduced media server memory usage when scanning *.avi, *.mov, *.mp4, *.m4a, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.mj2.
- refined AiProtection alert mail format.

Thanks I'll try it out tonight, when I checked some time ago this version wasn't listed yet.

I installed the beta too, I didn't want to wait any longer for those security fixes. Who knows when the final will appear. The last beta was there for two months. Waiting this long for security fixes with a machine that's always online is not an option. Am happy to say that there are no problems with any of the functions I am using.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!