What's new

RT-N66U and samsung smart TV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pkbristol

Regular Contributor
I hope this question is in the correct section, apologies if it's not.
RT-N66 with a Samsung smart TV (F8000) and a smaller Samsung TV both connected wirelessly to the router with a usb hard drive plugged into the router.
The Samsung tv's can see the router and hard drive but can only see some of the films on the hard drive, strangley only film titles beginning with the letters A, B and C, a total of 11 films, there are in fact 85 films on the hard drive.
All other devices ( various androids and a laptop pc)on the network can see and play all films.
The 85 films on the hard drive are not in folders, there are also a couple of folders on the drive with films in, but the tv can't even see those folders.
I'm familiar with the router, i've set 3 up for myself and other people although this has always involved ip cameras. This is the first time i'v tried streaming films, i can't work out why it's only partly working.
The router is running Merlins firmware, 270.26b which has been rock solid stable.
If anyone can help that would be good.
Thanks, Paul.

Edit. The hard drive is formatted as NTFS.
When the hard drive is plugged directly into the tv via usb the tv does see all the films/files and folders.

Last edited:
Check the NAS thread - there was some tips there with regards to Samsung DLNA and various stuff there - lot of it revolved around how the Samsung DLNA client is configured...