What's new

RT-N66U lost WiFi 2.4G after running 374.43 for 7 days and 20 hours

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mlhstock

New Around Here
My RT-N66U running firmware 374.43 lost wifi 2.4GHz today. Last reboot was 7 days and 20 hours ago. All my wifi devices can still see the 2.4GHz AP, but they cannot connect to this AP anymore. However, the 5GHz AP is still working fine while 2.4GHz was inaccessible. I had already configured WPS button as wireless ON/OFF switch, so I pressed the button twice, and the 2.4GHz AP becomes accessible again.

Anybody else had this problem? Anybody knows what could cause this problem? Thanks.

My RT-N66U running firmware 374.43 lost wifi 2.4GHz today. Last reboot was 7 days and 20 hours ago. All my wifi devices can still see the 2.4GHz AP, but they cannot connect to this AP anymore. However, the 5GHz AP is still working fine while 2.4GHz was inaccessible. I had already configured WPS button as wireless ON/OFF switch, so I pressed the button twice, and the 2.4GHz AP becomes accessible again.

Anybody else had this problem? Anybody knows what could cause this problem? Thanks.

It may be the sdk6 driver.

I have had similar issues with all the sdk6 firmwares. I am not saying this is what your issue is but it is possible. I am unable to use any firmware with sdk6 driver without issues.

Have settled on the last sdk5 merlin build which is 3.0.0.4.374.35_4-sdk5 located in the sdk5 folder. All issues solved and signal very much improved.

If you do load this make sure you reset to defaults and manually re-enter your config as you are changing from sdk6 to sdk5 driver.

What stops the new build using SDK5's wifi driver?

KevTech,

Thanks for your reply. Security is a big concerns, so I'd like to stick with new builds which usually have most recent updates on security. What I am trying now is turn on wireless schedule capability and shut down the wifi for a few hours every night when I don't use wifi anyways. Hope it can solve the problem of requiring reset the router.

Just for curiosity, why can't we make the new build with SDK5's wifi driver?

KevTech,

Thanks for your reply. Security is a big concerns, so I'd like to stick with new builds which usually have most recent updates on security. What I am trying now is turn on wireless schedule capability and shut down the wifi for a few hours every night when I don't use wifi anyways. Hope it can solve the problem of requiring reset the router.

Just for curiosity, why can't we make the new build with SDK5's wifi driver?

Because it's not as simple as just switching one single file. The rest of the environment also needs to be downgraded, parts of the Kernel patches must be reverted... In short, it's a lot of work, and leaves you with some non-working features such as PPPoE HW acceleration or the Xbox compatibility checkbox.