What's new

RT-N66U Time Machine Backups

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andersson.j

New Around Here
I'm trying to set up my RT-N66U as a Time Machine/Time Capsule and I'm following this guide.

Sadly the guide isn't very complete. I'm stuck at connecting to the AFP server from Finder. Afpd is running and when trying to connect from Finder I get a login prompt but no matter what users or settings I try I never get in.

/opt/var/log/afpd.log doesn't tell me much:
Code:
Jan 17 22:47:08.869086 afpd[1063] {dircache.c:616} (I:AFPDaemon): dircache statistics: entries: 0, lookups: 0, hits: 0, misses: 0, added: 0, removed: 0, expunged: 0, evicted: 0

Has anyone here had any success with netatalk/afpd/avahi?

Also I haven't been able to get new users to stick persistently after reboot yet. The method described in this guide showed some promise but the nvram commit doesn't seem to stick.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Any progress

I'm afraid I've got stuck at the same point as you. I had some comment field correspondence with the author of the tutorial you mentioned, but he always left something out in his replies. Have you had any progress on your end?

I am using a NFS formatted hard drive for compatibility with the router and am able to access it via ftp and SMB, but not via Apple's AFP (login credentials won't work).

Let me know if/when you've found out "the trick".... :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!