What's new

Loss of stream/connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nas.CloudBusinessPortal

Regular Contributor
This is a little out of the realm of Merlin firmware, but I wanted to ask, I’m sure you can point me in some directions.

I am a model train freak lol. I’ve gone so much as to place my model trains online. You can operate a locomotive on my Layout remotely.

See
for the live video stream, and to control the locomotive. Goto http://atc.lovethosetrains.com:12080/web/webThrottle.html?loconame=1

So to make this work is a little bit awkward as the manufacturer of the camera does not want to disclose RTSP URL. They want me to continue to use their generic app on iOS platform

So how I get this to the Internet is awkward, screen, capturing my iPhone, to a Windows 10 machine, which is also using OBS studio, to stream it to YouTube

That’s a lot of connections for my network network

So needless to say, the stream goes down about once a day.

The laptop is connected wirelessly at 866 to a 5g wirelss.

The camera on the locomotives are 2.4g and Merlin says it utilizing 37% of the bandwidth.

IMG_6860.png

Most of the time my problem is the link between the iPhone and the laptop, the screen capture has been interrupted.

I get it all this would be avoided if I just had an RTSP url.

I’m gonna see if I can get a ethernet adaptor for the iPhone, and see if that helps

Any suggestions?

Try my trains out!

Last edited:
I experience "loss of stream" every day, but it has nothing to do with computers and everything to do with age.

@Nas.CloudBusinessPortal, It doesn't appear you haven't listed your router or what specific firmware you are running. Nor have you listed the broadband provider and speed that may play a role if it's a broadband connection issue. Listing the camera make and model if its a camera stream dropping off issue will also help others in formulating a response.

As a troubleshooting step, check the router system log to see if it indicates a reason or if/when the camera or the PC/mobile device used for streaming or access drops off the local network.

Last edited:
So to make this work is a little bit awkward as the manufacturer of the camera does not want to disclose RTSP URL.

Most of the time my problem is the link between the iPhone and the laptop, the screen capture has been interrupted.

I get it all this would be avoided if I just had an RTSP url.

I’m gonna see if I can get a ethernet adaptor for the iPhone, and see if that helps

That might help...
along with WireShark, and then just a port forward...right?

@Nas.CloudBusinessPortal, It doesn't appear you haven't listed your router or what specific firmware you are running. Nor have you listed the broadband provider and speed that may play a role if it's a broadband connection issue. Listing the camera make and model if its a camera stream dropping off issue will also help others in formulating a response.

As a troubleshooting step, check the router system log to see if it indicates a reason or if/when the camera or the PC/mobile device used for streaming or access drops off the local network.
All my routers are RT-ax88u pro

Using merlin’s latest.

Well i ruled out the iphone. I have since bought a LAN adapter for the iphone and wifi is no longer used for it.

I also stream a audio channel on the laptop.

So my last drop both the audio stream and the video stream stopped.

So i’ve narrow the problem down to the laptop.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!