What's new

RT-N66U: Transmission using Entware with NTFS USB drive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

suhail_ssr

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I am new to Merlin and i have recently installed Merlin Firmware 380.59 in my RT-N66U router.

I have installed Entware on a 2gb Flash disk with EXT2 partition without any error.

Followed the guidelines for Entware installation from here.

I have a 2TB USB External Harddisk (NTFS Partition) connected to the second USB port which has all my movie backups.

Now i want to install Tranmission and use it to download directly to my 2TB HDD in NTFS partition. Is it possible?

For this what kind of code should i put in that PUTTY app?

For your information: I haven't coded any script for auto start of entware so far. I have just installed entware and have done nothing beyond.

Need your help

Also suggest if Transmission is good or if anything else better than that available for torrent download.

Download Master works well on the N66 and you can tell it where to save the downloads. I save to a 1TB USB drive with the default settings. Well, sometimes I throttle the settings so the girls can surf!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk