What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Folks, any thoughts on 'sda' ? It's a functioning 5T USB hard drive.

1713467363661.png

Folks, any thoughts on 'sda' ? It's a functioning 5T USB hard drive.

Could you please run this command and let me know what kind of results you get back?

Code:
df | grep /dev/sd

Could you please run this command and let me know what kind of results you get back?

Code:
df | grep /dev/sd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RT-AC68U-E9C0:/tmp/home/root# df | grep /dev/sd
/dev/sdb1 3866792 2411460 1258908 66% /tmp/mnt/USB
/dev/sda 5814347280 763177524 4758143660 14% /tmp/mnt/sda

PS, sda is a 5T HDD via USB port. sdb1 is a 4G thumb drive.

tx in advance !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RT-AC68U-E9C0:/tmp/home/root# df | grep /dev/sd
/dev/sdb1 3866792 2411460 1258908 66% /tmp/mnt/USB
/dev/sda 5814347280 763177524 4758143660 14% /tmp/mnt/sda

PS, sda is a 5T HDD via USB port. sdb1 is a 4G thumb drive.

tx in advance !
Well, it seems like your excessively large drive created a math problem! Appears there are some limits I'm not aware of... ;)

Using your values, the outcome of this math problem = 0
Code:
sdtotal="$((5814347280 / 1048576))"

Had to change tactics, and am now using this, which makes it = 5544
Code:
sdtotal=$(echo "5814347280/1048576" | bc -l | cut -d . -f 1)

I have a test version of RTRMON with this fix implemented... if you wouldn't mind giving it a try, and seeing if you have better results with this? (just ignore the update warnings)

Download link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Well, it seems like your excessively large drive created a math problem! Appears there are some limits I'm not aware of... ;)

Using your values, the outcome of this math problem = 0
Code:
sdtotal="$((5814347280 / 1048576))"

Had to change tactics, and am now using this, which makes it = 5544
Code:
sdtotal=$(echo "5814347280/1048576" | bc -l | cut -d . -f 1)

I have a test version of RTRMON with this fix implemented... if you wouldn't mind giving it a try, and seeing if you have better results with this? (just ignore the update warnings)

Download link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
WHy would one ever have a 5 TB drive on a router?!? ONCE AGAIN, A ROUTER IS NOT A NAS!!!

WHy would one ever have a 5 TB drive on a router?!? ONCE AGAIN, A ROUTER IS NOT A NAS!!!
With a drive like that, BACKUPMON would be happy for quite a long time! :p

1714423048985.png

I aggrege on the size. This was a 'stop-gap' for my wife who needed to store 1T or so somewhere local and really quick to off-load pictures from a trip before she headed out on another the next morning. I got like 6 hrs. notice and cobbled this together at 1am. The drive does nothing 99% of the time and is hibernated. It works surprisingly well via a Samba share that I toggle on for an hr., let MS Windows file backup do its thing on 3 PC's, then toggle off which lets the HDD hibernate.

Please don't spend any time on this as it's far-far-far- from a best practice. PS, I like the utility as its 1 stop for a ton of info

View attachment 58302

Please don't spend any time on this as it's far-far-far- from a best practice. PS, I like the utility as its 1 stop for a ton of info
Oh dang... looks like "bc" doesn't come standard... :( Hate when that happens... OK. I reverted to yet another method to calculate large numbers using awk. Let's see how that fares. Please download and give it another try! I have a good feeling about it this time! :)

Code: