What's new

RTSP Passthrough

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alruf

Occasional Visitor
I am trying to figure out whether settings on my Asus RT-AC5300 router (running Merlin's FW 380.59) are causing my RTSP IP camera feeds to keep dropping. I found the RTSP Passthrough option which seems to have no effect on my RTSP streams. I can disable it, enable it, or set it to "enable + nat helper" and nothing seems to change.

I have 4 wired Hikvision IP cameras that I monitor using tinyCAM Monitor Pro on my Android device. Alas the video feeds seem to drop really frequently. The image top to a certain point down is fine, then where the issue happens it looks like the last row of pixels is repeated until the bottom of the image. The drops do not seem to happen exactly at the same time on all cameras but that is hard to confirm.

Any suggestions? What is RTSP Passthrough and how do I set it? How should it be set?

Also, there seem to be no Multicast related settings... is that the case?