What's new

Run AirConnect (AirPlay sever) binary on router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mr8

Occasional Visitor
Trying to get AirConnect, specifically airupnp, to run directly on my RT-AC68U. For those not familiar, AirConnect allows you to use Apple's AirPlay to send audio from any iOS/Mac/Apple device to any Sonos/UPnP device (airupnp) or chromecast (aircast). I was able to get it running on my laptop, but was hoping to be able to run the airupnp-arm daemon on directly on the router so that it is readily available whenever I connect to the wifi.

I setup an external USB with Entware on the router using AMTM, and tried executing the chmod'ed arm binaries -arm and -arm5, but they all give the "not found" error:

-sh: ./airupnp-arm: not found
-sh: ./airupnp-arm5: not found

Do I need to install any additional packages to run binaries in entware?
Would appreciate any help!

link to AirConnect: https://github.com/philippe44/AirConnect

I can't imagine this would ever work unless you compiled your own version using the router's SDK.

Yes they're the ones he's using (I also tried them). They look like they're compiled for a more modern platform than the RT-AC68U uses (i.e. not uClibc).
That'll teach me for not reading properly. I'll just go back to my scripts :(