What's new

Solved Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Doesn't Detect 6Ghz Band on Wifi Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RTWZ80

Hi all,

Got my hands on the S24 Ultra and found out that it can't detect nor connect to the 6Ghz band on my Asus RT-BE96U. It can detect my 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands as Wifi 7-capable (They've both got the little Wifi 7 icon showing in Available Networks) but once I connect to either band, the little Wifi 7 icon switches to Wifi 6.

The Wifi 7 tab on the phone is enabled and I tried solutions which worked on the S21-23 Ultras such as disabling Switch to better Wi-Fi networks in Intelligent Wi-Fi as well as enabling Wi-Fi Safe Mode in Developer mode but still no dice.

I've sent feedback to Samsung tech support and was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem with the S24 Ultra not detecting their Wifi 6e/7 routers' 6Ghz bands and also if they've found some way to resolve the issue?

Sounds like similar issues reported by iPhone users...

Could be a Asus issue here...

It's more like a Samsung issue. I checked over on the Samsung Community forums and it's been a problem from the S21 Ultra to S23 Ultra after launch...until they fix it with an OTA software update later. Routers and APs from Asus toTP-Link seem to be affected. Thought they would have fixed the bug by the 4th iteration which uses the 6Ghz band...

Samsung seems to have issues with 6 GHz in general. While both my Pixel 7 and my Intel AX210-based laptop work fine with Wifi 6e, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 will lose Internet access after a few minutes if I connected it to the 6 GHz band of my GT-AXE16000.

I use my Pixel 8 on 6GHz. band here at home on the RT-BE96U. Works great, full speed all the way across the house from the router.

The Analiti Wi-Fi Analyzer has 6GHz. analysis capability, but if your S24 isn't connecting, it may or may not see it. Something to try, though.

Last edited:
Samsung seems to have issues with 6 GHz in general. While both my Pixel 7 and my Intel AX210-based laptop work fine with Wifi 6e, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 will lose Internet access after a few minutes if I connected it to the 6 GHz band of my GT-AXE16000.

Hmmm - just wondering here - one of the base requirements of WiFi6e specifically is that they are WPA3 only - either enterprise, personal (PSK), or Open via SAE

If someone is having a problematic device, it's worth looking at Syslog and seeing what is happening - it might be trying to attach and failing...

Hmmm - just wondering here - one of the base requirements of WiFi6e specifically is that they are WPA3 only - either enterprise, personal (PSK), or Open via SAE

If someone is having a problematic device, it's worth looking at Syslog and seeing what is happening - it might be trying to attach and failing...
Asus only allows either WPA3 or Enhanced Open on the 6 GHz band. I doubt it's an encryption issue however in my case, as the Internet connection will work properly for a given period of time (sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes). Doesn't mean it's not the case for other users with similar issues however.

It seemed to be better after my tablet upgraded to Android 14, but it still eventually happened again. I just went back to my 5 GHz 160 MHz SSID and called it "good enough" as I couldn't be bothered with wasting time trying to troubleshoot this.

That seems to also be the issue for another set of S24U users as well.

Both the RT-BE96U and GT-BE98 Pro are affected as well apparently.

Beta-testers' redux...

Last edited:
S24 ultra and GT-AXE16000 6GHZ perfect! no problem!

Change the channel
Thanks for the tip. Made me remember that I live in a region where the communications regulator only approved the lower half of the 6Ghz band for public WiFi use.

Tried switching the channels to 93 and below and the S24U finally detected the 6Ghz band. I'd previously left channel selection in Auto and it kept picking those in the upper half of the 6Ghz band.

However, I still couldn't connect to the network and keep getting a 'Cannot find IP address' error message.

So I went into the Asus WebGUI's Wireless - General tab and unchecked the box enabling PSC (Preferred Scanning Channel) in the 6Ghz segment and voila~ problem solved, connected my S24U to the 6Ghz SSID with the little Wifi 7 icon displayed.

Screenshot_20240129_212737_Speedtest.jpg

Last edited:
S24 ultra and GT-AXE16000 6GHZ perfect! no problem!

Change the channel
I have an S22 and S24 ultra, non of these see the 6GHz signal, I tried all the channel one by one.
In the other hand my wife iPhone 15 Pro Max see and can connect to every channel I changed the 6GHz signal.

How's your Tab S9 on 5 GHz?

My Samsung Tab S9 FE has constant problems even with the 5 GHz band, so it's not just 6 GHz they can't get right.
Can't stay connected. Keeps dropping when I walk around my apartment despite constant strong signal. Occasionally drops even when stationary and idle.

Using RT-AX68U /w Merlin naturally. And RP-AX56 as ethernet connected node.

YouTube constantly buffers and then locks itself to 480p (with no way to raise it back to 1080p without killing the app and clearing cache, I might add). So, I tried disabling mesh roaming, changed channels, disabled advanced WiFi settings, etc. hours spent trying to stabilize it, to no avail.

If I do the exact same walking around with my older Tab S7, or my S21 FE phone, it's solid as a rock - but I bought the Tab S9 FE specifically to use while I was..... pacing around and streaming video. So this is depressing.

I googled, and sure enough, there are reports of others having trouble with Tab S9 series and 5 GHz.
I know this particular discussion is about 6 GHz, but as that's not as common there aren't a lot of comments about it, but it could indicate a larger problem with Tab S9 devices.

Hopefully it's a software issue that will be recognized by Samsung and fixed with an update but it's Samsung so I'm not hopeful.

How's your Tab S9 on 5 GHz?
Wifi is flawless so far at 5 GHz 160 Mhz, whether in the same room as the router (giving me a constant 2100-2400 Mbps link), or at the other end in the apartment going through a couple of walls.

I have an S22 and S24 ultra, non of these see the 6GHz signal, I tried all the channel one by one.
In the other hand my wife iPhone 15 Pro Max see and can connect to every channel I changed the 6GHz signal.
Did you try disabling 'Switch To better Wi-Fi Networks' in Intelligent Wi-Fi and enabling 'Wi-Fi Safe Mode' in Developer mode? Those are the key workarounds to getting the S21U-S24Us to discover the 6Ghz SSID.

Did you try disabling 'Switch To better Wi-Fi Networks' in Intelligent Wi-Fi and enabling 'Wi-Fi Safe Mode' in Developer mode? Those are the key workarounds to getting the S21U-S24Us to discover the 6Ghz SSID.
I tried this with my S22 last year and it didn't work, also I give a try to my S24 and the same nothing happens. I did reset all the Wi-Fi settings no luck, basically I tried everything what I could find on the internet.
Wifi is flawless so far at 5 GHz 160 Mhz, whether in the same room as the router (giving me a constant 2100-2400 Mbps link), or at the other end in the apartment going through a couple of walls.
Luckily, my 5Ghz 160 Mhz (Wifi6) works flawless just I can't get to work the second 5Ghz on 160 Mhz, is stuck on 80 Mhz.

I got today an answer from Samsung support and they say that at the moment is not implemented in my region the 6Ghz signal, the Wifi 6E.
Short long asnwer "We are working on it and it will be released an update for it" what is disappointing because the 6GHz signal is adopted in EU also in Romania since 2021 December.

Big thanks for your help guys!

I’ve got friends with Linksys, eero, and Netgear routers who say that doesn’t work for them with the S24 Ultras.
Just like in a civil suit, the preponderance of the evidence puts the ball in Samsung's "court."

I don't get it. Isn't this stuff that has standards? How hard is it to adhere to them?

I got today an answer from Samsung support and they say that at the moment is not implemented in my region the 6Ghz signal, the Wifi 6E.
Short long asnwer "We are working on it and it will be released an update for it" what is disappointing because the 6GHz signal is adopted in EU also in Romania since 2021 December.

Big thanks for your help guys!
hungarian, S24ultra and GT-AXE16000 Wifi 6GHz = Perfect :)

Thanks for that. I've started the return process for my Tab S9 FE. Tried to use it again last night and the WiFi crapped out almost immediately as usual. Picked up my Tab S7 instead and walked around for over an hour while streaming video and had no issues at all.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!