What's new

Samsung galaxy S7 and RT-AC87U bandwidth issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just remember that MU is very new - so there's bound to be interop issues and AP's will be very conservative at first on the initial releases....

Yeah, I am noticing that. Probably have to wait a year or so for new wireless cards and such to come out and things become more mainstream.

Yeah, I am noticing that. Probably have to wait a year or so for new wireless cards and such to come out and things become more mainstream.

Part of the challenge is post 6/2/2016 - third party developers cannot touch much here as the WiFi chipset drivers are pretty much locked down - so it'll take the vendor to make the change - and this can, and often does, and will likely break more - any third party firmware...

Old thread, but issue is still the same...

I've had Asus RT-AC66 B1 with Merlin firmware (now 384.11_2) for a while now, and this is bugging the hell out of me.

I have 3 Samsung phones in the house, S5 , S7 Exynos and now S10 Exynos, and every one of these can only connect at 192 Mbit/s speed when using 2,4 Ghz network.

Changing router settings won't make any difference (channel, beamforming, airtime fairness etc.), always maxes to that, regardless of distance to router or settings being used. Ther's not other networks in the area, so air is "clean" of other traffic. Changing firmwares also won't make any difference.

Only thing that I can tell is somewhat strange at routers end is that even when 2,4GHz is used router reports ac PHY being used instead of n? Why?

Attachments

• log.png
    log.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 249
@Jaska that 192 in your picture is the linkspeed Its the Maximum speed that data can move across a wireless link between a wireless client and a wireless router