What's new

Scribe Scribe and UIScribe shows error when restarting the programs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Davidncali001

Regular Contributor
I'm getting the following error when using Scribe and UIScribe, please see photo attached. This just started happening.

It says: Restarting uiScribe ...[2023-06-11T13:31:08.190411] WARNING: Your configuration file uses an obsoleted keyword, please update your configuration; keyword='stats_freq', change='Use the stats() block. E.g. stats(freq(1));', location='/opt/etc/syslog-ng.'

scribe.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting the following error when using Scribe and UIScribe, please see photo attached. This just started happening.

It says: Restarting uiScribe ...[2023-06-11T13:31:08.190411] WARNING: Your configuration file uses an obsoleted keyword, please update your configuration; keyword='stats_freq', change='Use the stats() block. E.g. stats(freq(1));', location='/opt/etc/syslog-ng.'

View attachment 50887
Please follow the instruction in this post from cmkelley: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/scribe-3-x_y-syslog-ng-and-logrotate-installer.84720/post-845976

It may help you with your reported issue.

Adding the following lines did the trick:
/bin/sed -i "s/stats_freq(21600)/stats(freq(21600))/g" /opt/etc/syslog-ng.conf
Thank You for your help, I appreciate it!

David

Adding the following lines did the trick:
/bin/sed -i "s/stats_freq(21600)/stats(freq(21600))/g" /opt/etc/syslog-ng.conf
Thank You for your help, I appreciate it!

David

You are welcome.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!