What's new

Script not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I have created a script in jffs, the same one I used on my RT-N66U and which worked fine on that device. However, it is not working on my RT-AC68U, despite rebooting the router a couple of times.

I have uploaded a few screenshots so that you can see what I am talking about.

If anyone has any ideas what might be the problem, I'd be very pleased to hear. I am using Merlin's build 378.56_2

Attachments

• Jffs Script.pdf
    51.1 KB · Views: 317
Have you given the scripts permission to run?
Paste this into the terminal and hit Enter, then reboot.
Code:
chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/*

No, I hadn't done that as I assumed that since the script just worked with my RT-N66U it would have done the same on the RT-AC68U. I'll give it a try, but do I just paste the command into the Telnet prompt after logging in (sorry, I'm still a newbie at all this cripting stuff)?

Just paste it and hit Enter. It'll make all files in /jffs/scripts/ executable which is required for them to run.

Just paste it and hit Enter. It'll make all files in /jffs/scripts/ executable which is required for them to run.
Thanks. I've done that and it worked when I tested it, so I've reset the times back to tonight/tomorrow morning and then rebooted the router again, just in case. I'll see what happens tonight.